{Project} BLACK BLUE AND SILVER TOO...

MINIGfather

Apr 9, 2009
Since my intro thread is a few pages long and has quite a bit of chatting going on I figured I would make a build thread that has all the pics in the 1st couple posts. Bare with me theres gonna be quite a few pics...Here goes...
The BEGINNING...
MYDC0308.jpg

MYDC0307.jpg

The tear down BEGINS...
IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Clean Up and Painting of parts...
IMG_0693.jpg

MYDC0004.jpg

MYDC0001.jpg

MYDC0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

You can only put 10 photos in each post so heres the next one...
Frame is painted...
P5120696.jpg

FINALLY putting it back together...
IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

The ROLLING CHASSIS...
IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176_1.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Well thats it...Whenever the PROJECT SECTION gets made Im gonna have this moved over there...Let me know what you guys think...COMMENTS ARE WELCOME...Hopefully Ill be able to get a motor soon and get the rear plastics cleaned and get riding...

nice but half the parts you painted shouldve been powdercoated....

This is true...However when your building on a budget you do what you gotta do...With the way its sitting this is the bill so far...

Quad--$300
Painted Parts--$50 (that includes the cost of paint and labor)
Grips--$11
Misc--$20 (cleaners and what ever else I needed to prep everything)

TOTAL--$381 give or take a buck...

So I think thats not too bad...

So what kind of paint did you use? Rattle can? Or... did you spray it with a cup gun? How durable is it do you think? I tryed some stuff before and my boots took it right off. :(

Thanks for the comments guys. Ill be fixing those front shocks this weekend probably. Yeah $300 is what I paid for it...

That $300 without an engine?

Looks good.

After you've ridden it a couple of times though might not look as hot

$300 Got me the whole bike and the bottom end. Ill get the top end as soon as he finds it. He tore it apart to rebuild it and lost interest cuz he got a YFZ450. Then like 8 months later I bought it and he couldnt find it. Hopefully he finds it so I dont have to buy a top end plus rebuild it.