plug chop

Davidd

Sep 3, 2011
Central mn
So I removed my airbox lid yesterday day, the intake honk is sweet now. Not much smoke out the pipe so I decided I was going to do a plug chop. Did what the search function said: warm up, new plug, wot....couldn't even tell tha
t the plug was used at all. Granted I did not cut the threads off but I looked down there and it looked new still. All stock blaster, pr-mix. Just wondering if I Ned to richen it up at all. About 65 degrees yesterday

What jets are you running now? You need to cut the threads down on the spark plug and be able to see the base of the center electrode to get an accurate reading. Generally, you need to bump the main jet up 1-2 sizes when you remove the airbox lid.

I assume its stock jets...but im not positive. I am going to be vetting some jets here soon, winter is coming. So I will buy the next two richer for sure, any advice on which range I will need for winter. Im going to buy several regardless....just looking for a baseline

Here's what you're looking for

11uyctl.jpg

250-270 I'm useing a 250 and it runs pretty healthy for the most part. Also If your not smoking a lot your carb air screw isi'nt accurate turn all the way till it stops and put it exactly 2 full turns out from your start.I would sudjest at least a 270 for your first test in the snow. Thats what I used a few years ago with pretty good results.