picked these up for 100 bux!

2smoker85

Dec 13, 2008
Edgewater MD
image.jpg image.jpg I picked up a boat and a jet ski at an auction for 100 bux for both of them, 80 for the jet ski and 20 for boat, needs some tlc and I'm probably gonna have to rebuild the motor on both which I'm ok with and it should be a nice summer project, this is our first boat and me and the wife are really excited to have one since I have been wanting one for awhile, she have me a limit of 1k bux so when I get it back to the house gonna rip it apart, floor is solid interior needs some work, so this is what I got a 1990 bayliner Capri with a Chrysler 120 hp L drive motor

and a wave raider

nice score Jon !

the wifey must not know that B.O.A.T. stands for....
Break
Out
Another
Thousand

:)

The trailer alone is worth more than that.. Nice score, and good luck on the projects..

hahaha awk only if u pay someone to do the work, which I won't do, I figure I'll put about a grand in it if that at the end of the summer sell it for 3k.

and nope she doesn't!!!

Awesome deal for a 100 bucks but them old Chrysler force motors are the biggest p.o.s..it took bayliner years to fix its name after selling all there boats with those p.o.s l drives and the p.o.s force outboards.. but 100$ you cant go wrong..but i highly dought in annapolis or edgewater area anyone is gonna pay 3k with that motor.. good luck and still nice score.. $100 cant buy shoes now a days..

yeah I'm lookin at repowering it, I have read how bad these motors are, not many people think too highly of them lol, the more I read about them the more I'm probably gonna put a mercruiser in it.

the more I read about the force engines their all kinda mixed reviews so I guess I'll make an assumption when I get if running and go from there, guess it depends what boat u got that day cuz some say they were reliable and beat the piss out of them.

growing up we had a trihull with Chrysler 55hp o/b. Zero issues with the engine. That was run weekly over the summer in saltwater, of course it was run in a barrel of freshwater after every run.

I will post more when I have cleaned it out lol it's horrible right now

I have read a lot over the last 3 days about these engines and some guys have best the sh*t out of them and drug em through the mud... Literally and say they have run them for 10-14 yrs so it may be a decent motor, personally the biggest thing I may do is up the carb size and intake to get her to go better

opinion are just that [on engines as well as other things]1 example is old big bores I had a cr480[notorious for hard starting]and it started on 2 kicks so opinions are good but sometimes wrong

yeah pretty much I just hope I have one of the good ones, as of right now from the inspection I did the transom and deck and hopefully stringers are solid, I would hate to have to do stringers, talk about a pain in the ass, work on it starts sometime this week, get it to the house and get er cleaned out

The force engines are definitely not opinions.. there are some that last but most of them were junk..bayliner boat is a good boat they just had those force on them that gave bad name.. they sell bayliner now minus the force now with mercury.. might get lucky and get it to run good..definitely cant go wrong putting a mercruiser in a boat!! Id check it out first and see if it will run. those force engines on a boat is like a Chinese atv.. whats up with your bike? Did you order your parts yet?

I had a 19ft bayliner with a 125hp outboard force motor. The main problem with them is the bottom cylinder drops compression. I'm not sure if the i/o L drive setup will have the same problem. Either way you can't go wrong for that price.

Reactions: 2smoker85
yeah pistons still sitting in box, got tied up with the puttin more parts on truck and I was out of town in nc dealing with family, so I may get to it soon, may not be for a week, I have to get this boat out of the lot before 10 days which will be the 25th

The force engines are definitely not opinions.. there are some that last but most of them were junk..bayliner boat is a good boat they just had those force on them that gave bad name.. they sell bayliner now minus the force.. might get lucky and get it to run good..definitely cant go wrong putting a mercruiser in a boat!! Id check it out first and see.. those force engines on a boat is like a Chinese atv..
yeah pistons still sitting in box, got tied up with the puttin more parts on truck and I was out of town in nc dealing with family, so I may get to it soon, may not be for a week, I have to get this boat out of the lot before 10 days which will be the 25th
Cool if you need any help getting the boat let me know.. where is the lot at?

the boat is on base at the moment and it's grad week for the academy so I'm stuck workin ridiculous hours, I just need a battery and probably a good carb clean throw some gas at it and see what happens, I'm gonna turn it over by hand first to see if it's locked up, crossing fingers

this weekend I'll be workin on it if ur interested I can always use extra set of eyes for things I don't see