oil in stator case

fshay1984

May 8, 2010
poconos, pa
i have a question about the stator. I have a oil leak from the stator cover. is oil suppose to be in the stator case. If not does that mean the crank seal is shot. any help would be great. thanks guys

i just bought one two days ago. i ripped apart the trans because of another problem and i found the oil in there when i pulled the cover off. thanks for all the info guys.I:I

i just put new crank seals in my blaster and found when i went to kick it over oil started leaking from the stator cover took the cover off found that my crank seal was in about 2mm in maybe too much idk would this affect oil going in there? and if so how do i pull the crank seal out a little?

Its not always a crankcase seal that is bad! I thought i had a bad left side seal myself so I replaced it & still had a leak...ended up discovering that is what the 1 of the philips screws that holds the cases together behind the stator was loose, threw a lil teflon tape around it tightened it down good & my leak was gone so make sure the screws are all tight!