noob and i need help

rewired it and it wont start. I did not wire in a key switch and followed the diagram as i could. all of the sudden my throttle cable is wide open, and i dont have a carb switch, or atleast that i can find. will check for spark tommorw when im off work. any ideas? sorry if im to vague . but im lost now. Wired it as the diagram said just dont have a key switch.

rewired it and it wont start. I did not wire in a key switch and followed the diagram as i could. all of the sudden my throttle cable is wide open, and i dont have a carb switch, or atleast that i can find. will check for spark tommorw when im off work. any ideas? sorry if im to vague . but im lost now. Wired it as the diagram said just dont have a key switch.

you left the key wires just disconnected right? that would be correct

Couple things here. Make sure you have spark. If you don't have spark let us know and we can help you. Why did the throttle suddenly go wide open? Couple things can cause this. Throttle cable out of adjustment. Throttle cable not seated in the thumb throttle or carb. Is the TORS removed? An air leak can be the culprit for erratic revving.

i think the trottle is messed up in the carb, but not sure, will check for spark in am. and what is the TORS. when i got the quad it was complety rigged up. it ran and had a kill switch and that was it.

The sure fire way to see if the injection has been disabled, is to investigate if the pump has been removed and/or a blocking plate fitted.

If there is no oil tube going to the carby and the injection nipple has been blocked is another way.

A good sign is to look under the rear of the quad to see if there is an oil tank.

Another way to tell [although not recommended] is to fill the tank with straight gas and ride WOT for as long as you can, if the engine blows before the tank gets empty, there is a strong possibility the oil injection has been removed.;);):D:D:eek::eek::eek:

Does not have block off plate, Got it to start, and took out the TORS. But when i start it, it idles really high, itll start on the first kick but it revs up on its own. any ideas?

Which screw turns idle down? correct me if im wrong but one is air/fuel and the other is idle right?