noob and i need help

well the guy sold it today so there goes that, how much can i expect to spend on plastics or where can i get them for cheaper, i found nothing on craigslist.

also, i have no idea how the head light on my quad would even run without a switch....is there anywhere i can buy a new switch?

i feel like i should upload a pic of this so you guys can tell me if its worth even working with or what.

well the guy sold it today so there goes that, how much can i expect to spend on plastics or where can i get them for cheaper, i found nothing on craigslist.

best deals on plastics i could find .....

$100 free shipping :) no front fenders :(
Yamaha Blaster 200 Stock Plastics Fender Set Rear Cowl Grill Cover Bumper | eBay

$200 for everything
Yamaha Blaster Plastics Full Body Kit | eBay

wiring harness w/ kill/light switch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-YFS200...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a706c138&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
If you keep looking you can find them cheap. I bought a worked 00 blaster for $300 that was only 20 mins from me, he couldn't start it after sitting a year. Worked shocks, extended axle, full fmf, ported and polished head, strokes crank, plus more.

Keep looking on craigslist. Check a couple neighboring craigslist cities too. If you find something an hour or two away cheap and good, its worth the drive. Ebay will have some deals too, just check it often, and watch for free shipping.

and would plastics off an 05 blaster fit my 98? i know the hood wouldnt but what everything else?

and would plastics off an 05 blaster fit my 98? i know the hood wouldnt but what everything else?

everything will fit, the hood and light can be done with some added brackets.
someone who's done this before can hopefully give you more details on the hood/light

alright so i got plastics and new tires for it coming on the way. I think im going to pull the motor off the frame and sand it all down, and while the motors off, im gonna look at the carb and pull the bottom end apart. Is there a wireing schematic for the entire blaster?

i assume that when the previous owner had it they ripped everything off the quad and rewireed it and just threw on a kill switch.

Found out the problem, I had a jet that was very lose and the carb was extremly dirty. After cleaning and adjusting the jet and the throttle, it runs much much smoother. Now im taking on the task of rewirring it. In order to rewire it, do i need a key ignition? i havnt seen a diagram with a key on it. so should i buy one or do i not need it? im installing anew kill switch and light switch.

you do not need a key switch, it does the same as the other killswitch...connects a black wire to a black/white stripe wire, grounding out the ignition

the wiring diagrams are here..........
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/stock-wiring-diagrams-51842/

2sbn5ud.jpg