Nology profire specs?

strokeddemon

Sep 12, 2013
manquin,va
Wpuld anyone happen to know the testing specs on a nology profire coil part # pfc-03s? Tried to check continuity in hotwire but to no prevail. Bike dropped to an idle then shut off when i tried to give it throttle. Started back up but then would die after a rough idle. Now it won't start at all. Did the ol spark plug in hand trick and kicked and absolutely no spark. Any help would be appreciated. All this happened right before leaving for my first race of the season

i have an amounted pfc-03s laying down the shop, but won't get back down there for a few days.
try a stock coil

Sold it lol don't have a bracket for the stock one anymore. Just ordered all new oem coils since my pickup failed. Should the hotwire have continuity?

Sold it lol don't have a bracket for the stock one anymore. Just ordered all new oem coils since my pickup failed. Should the hotwire have continuity?

i don't think the hotwire should read continuity as there is a capacitor inline

Ok thanks wasn't sure. Believe I'm gonna take it to a buddys and hook it up on his blaster to see if the bike fires. Hopefully won't have to buy another one lol

Can you test the nology by grounding the grounds and giving the lead 12 volts? I tried that but didn't get a lick of spark to the plug.

where did you get the 12v power? you need a lot of amperage to get through a coil.

the coil is made to bump the voltage up to over 10,000v. i learned that in small engines class, some learn the... er, hard way ;)

My nology still works:) tried it on my friends blaster and started first kick. Tried testing it with a car battery first. Looks like I'm stumped with my drag blaster. Gonna clean the magnets tomorrow and order an oem source coil on payday