No spark

kyle24

Jan 26, 2011
Now i understand that this is a yamaha blaster forum but i have another bike that i have been working on its a suzuki lt230s i put new piston and rings in it and rebuilt the carb first three kicks it fired right up but a week later had no spark was wondering if anyone had any ideas about this im wondering if i should try a new cdi or if maybe the magneto or flywheel can wear out i also put a newer stator in it and that didnt work either any help would be great thanks

Same process of elimination no mater what it is. Check that flwheel is still tight. Then check that ALL connections are clean and tite. Put a dab of di-electric grease on them while they're apart. Clean tight grounds, trim coil wire.

it is a four stroke and it does not have a battery and i am wondering can the fly wheel go bad it is still magnetic but i havent been able to find much on if a fly wheel ca actually wear out but thanks for all the advice im going to start going at it again and see where i get

flywheel wont wear out. Check all your grounds. Worked on a buddies 230s and these things are an electrical nightmare. Lost spark and could not figure out the problem. Long story short, i decided to disconnect all the grounds, clean them, grease them, and BAM, all of a sudden we got spark back.

Ya I've noticed and to make it worse I cam seem to find my book for the wire diagram so I'm at a stand still right now