no air box connector?

NovaScotian

Dec 9, 2008
Eastern Canada
On my recently purchased blaster, I looked under the seat and the hole toward the gas tanks has nothing attached to it, it's just opened. Why would this be how it is? and will it harm the bike?

better explination no idea what ur talking bout the carb? or the like boot coming off the airbox lid rite by the gas tank?

sorry, I may have explained this to you guys wrong. the Carb has no opened holes in it... the thing I was talking about that doesn't have a connector is the thing that the air filter is inside. I think that's where it takes it's air in though...

Using my elite paint skills, I've found a pic and circled what is opened. I've seen other pics where it had a steel tube connected to it.
blasterthing.jpg

you should get this fixed immediately, dont ride until you do, 1 little rock or piece of dirt and bam, your screwed. maybe buy some radiator hose and put that in it's place

I dont think tjscott looked at the pic. thats just the snorkel you'll be fine. its part of the airbox lid it is normally open. you could plug yours off if you like though since your running the outerwears pre-filter. but either way its nothing to worry about, many of us (myself included) take the airbox lid off all together and run without it to get more air. Although I suggest you leave yours on, since you have the pre-filter lid you have almost the same airflow as with no lid at all plus you keep a little extra dirt off your filter.

From the factory it does have a little piece of pipe attached (the snorkel) but it is not that important unless you drive in nothing but water. and if thats the case buy a jet ski.

Any way you look at it there has to be a way for air to get in to the air box or it wont run plain and simple.
NO AIR = NO VROOM VROOM