New to the site and New to the Blaster world

Brokenloose

Nov 23, 2012
Texas
I recently bought a 2000 blaster and was wondering what y'alls thoughts and ideas were on some mods for it. it's basically all stock and runs like a champ. I've seen a few of y'alls bikes on here and they look sweet as hell I:I
I want mine to run and look just as sweet.
So please give me an input to head me in the right direction and hit me with some ideas.

Below are pictures of the bike:

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing | Photobucket

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing | Photobucket

welocme to BF !
check out some of our signatures (below\/) for ideas on mods available, and also the various sections on engine, suspension, ect. ect.
pretty clean looking blasty ya have there !

copy and paste the .IMG code on each pics photobucket page and paste it into your post here and your pics will appear when you post it
it's under the image links on the right of the page, just click the .IMG code, which copies it, and paste it here
i'll help ya..........

572.jpg

571.jpg

yep the best way to go about it is read, look, and learn. If you let us know what kind of ride you are trying to build it will help. trail quad, mx, dunes, drag? Budget is the biggest thing of all though.

I tried for 15 min tryin to figure that out haha, it's been a long day. I've been browsing around on here for about 2 weeks and finally decided to make an account and ask questions. I've tea a few post and they've made this thing run 2x tester than it did when I first got it. I'm gonna be throwing money at here and there and just wanted to know some good mods.

Thanks for the compliment, it needs a little tlc they guy that had it before me ran it like a four stroke sooooo I've had to fix a couple of things already but like I said it runs like a champ.

Where is it that you set your signature at?

Mainly just anything, I'm not gonna be runnin on the roads or rock climbing with it. I don't really plan on doing mx either. We have a river here we can go ride on its somewhat red clay and sand, no dunes ill be playing on it in the winter most likely and just riding around.

Both of y'all's bikes are sick! 2 thumbs up guys

set your sig under the "user cp" at the top right of every page,
you may need a few #'s of posts before it allows you to do so ???

here's some basics........
http://www.blasterforum.com/off-topic-7/blaster-forum-basics-rules-questions-etc-51751/

as for the most popular first mods..... aftermarket pipes, filters, airbox lid off < all requiring rejetting your carb
personally i do at least front shocks before engine mods, used works performance shocks can be had on ebay for a fair price,
alot of the 400 rear shocks can be used, 400ex, ltz400, 450r ext. and is also a great upgrade
raptor and yfz heelgaurds are popular too

Mainly just anything, I'm not gonna be runnin on the roads or rock climbing with it. I don't really plan on doing mx either. We have a river here we can go ride on its somewhat red clay and sand, no dunes ill be playing on it in the winter most likely and just riding around.

Both of y'all's bikes are sick! 2 thumbs up guys

so open, fast, trail riding? that is pretty much what mine is set up for. but like i said money is the real limiter. it takes a long time to get it how you like it on a budget. a good place to start is a pipe. picking the right pipe for you is important. they are all tuned for different types of riding. fmf is more low and mid range for mx, and technical trail riding. toomey is a good trail pipe aimed a little more towards mid and high rev. trinity is even more of a mid to high range pipe which is what i run. but you have to understand that with every mod you do there are supporting mods to help you get ALL from your pipe, carb, portwork.... yatta yatta yatta

then i would suggest a toomey or trinity. I have had both and both are good running pipes. I liked the quality of the toomey and the sound better but the trinity runs a bit stronger

Welcome dude! Well a good place to start is maybe some tires /rims Nd get those goon tires off there haha ! Then like others said pipe,air filter and jet it right for the engine portion. Depending on how crazy you wanna get, then if u can swing the extended axles /a-arms and even small stuff like handle bars and a nice set of grips