New guy- Installing fatty pipe, boyseen reeds and jet kit help

Blasta_09

Dec 21, 2009
Hey everyone Im pretty new at working on bikes. Gonna install fmf fatty pipe w/silencer, boyseen power reeds and a jet kit. Wondering if any one can help, maybe a step by step? Be greatly appreciated!

for the piep just unbolt ur old one.do u have the flange for the fmf pipe?and for the reeds you gotta take ur carb off unbolt the 4 bolts on the rubber intake boot on the engine and then the reed cage is right there unscrew the old reeds and put the new ones in.make sure u use new gaskets and bolt it back together.i would start with like a 290-300 main and then do some plug chops to tell if ur rich or lean then adjust ur main jet from there

Okay that sounds pretty easy. I've been reading alot about jetting and it all seems a bit confusing. What is a flange?

This is a flange. A Blaster exhaust flange looks a little different though.
pro-circuit-2-stroke-exhaust-accessories-exhaust-flange-for-honda-2-stroke_1.jpg

It bolts onto the exhaust side of the engine and the exhaust pipe slides onto the flange. Also, you probably won't need a new gasket for the reeds unless your old gasket rips when taking it off.

you'll probably end up between a 250-280 on the jetting. most guys end up running a 260 with the lid off and a uni filter with that pipe.

Would the flange come with the pipe? Or should it still be on my blaster because it's stock? Also, i've been reading up on jetting and I see all this stuff about moving needles and turning screws to adjust. Will I have to do that?

there should be a flange with the pipe, the air screw should be checked, and just leave the needle in the middle position (where it is from the factory). it's all pretty simple really once you dive right in

Sweet thanks alot. Ill throw up some pics when I finish. How does the whole repping thing work? You guys helped me out so do you get rep points or something?

loctite is what u put on your threads of the bolt to lock it in place and keep it from working loose.it doesnt take alot, just a drop or two. you can get it at any auto store and probably walmart.dont use it on all bolts as it can make them a mother to get back out in some situations.comes in a lil tube, and the diff between red and blue is the holding strength.

yeah, the reeds shouldn't really affect the jetting too much. you should still definitely check the jetting after you put it all back together

have you put on the new head pipe yet? or just the silencer? if you haven't put the head pipe on just leave the jetting where it is, but be sure to do a plug chop to make sure its ok