New from MI :) ..

Well im not going to get my hopes up but will be nice if this was it,well after I put the new crank seal in..
Like Blaaster said,the collar is known to leak also..Searched this issue for 4 days and quite a few people had a leaky collar and fixed it with different types of bonds,I used Yamabond on mine..Its not at all going to hurt anything using it and will fix the collar leak if it dose leak..Rather be safe than sorry....
Pipe is dry (cleaned and flushed the crap out of it) so about to put it on and see what happens,fingers crossed..Thanks everyone..

I have no doubt they have.

But I've never seen one leak that was properly installed.

You sir, are a funny guy. Please describe how the collàr can be installed wrong.
I have only seen mention of it a few times, but it does happen. A few seconds and a bit of 3 bond and I never scratch my ass looking for a leak.
Banshees can leak at the keyway, so I actually just do both on all engines.

You sir, are a funny guy. Please describe how the collàr can be installed wrong.
I have only seen mention of it a few times, but it does happen. A few seconds and a bit of 3 bond and I never scratch my ass looking for a leak.
Banshees can leak at the keyway, so I actually just do both on all engines.
Not putting any grease on the crank seal allowing it to groove the collar.

Not putting grease on the seal will not cause a neoprene seal to groove a steel collar.

The lack of lubricant will allow the steel collar to damage the seal.

Grooves are worn in a steel collar from contaminants being pressed on to it by the neoprene seal.

Reactions: Lon
Got off my butt and built me a leak down tester..After digging through my tool boxes,I found everything other than the PVC and freeze plug so hit Home Depot and Autozone..Now I gotta get off my lazy butt and pull the clutch side cover off then see whats going on...

Soooo,I started the leak down test..Pumped it up to 7psi and with in 2mins,it dropped down to 4 1/2psi..Sprayed soapy water all over the case and leak down tester connections..Had zero leaks at the tester connections BUT,the only leaks are at the top of the case halves..I plan on pulling the engine tomorrow but before I do,I need to know if thats why its sucking crank case oil??If not,i'll pull the clutch side cover off and spray soapy water on the crank seal and see what happens..Heres 2 pics and you can see how much it bubbled from one pic to the other with in 30 secs,took 2nd pic about 30 secs after the first pic..
Thanks so much for the help guys,im learning alot over here :) ..

Soooo,I started the leak down test..Pumped it up to 7psi and with in 2mins,it dropped down to 4 1/2psi..Sprayed soapy water all over the case and leak down tester connections..Had zero leaks at the tester connections BUT,the only leaks are at the top of the case halves..I plan on pulling the engine tomorrow but before I do,I need to know if thats why its sucking crank case oil??If not,i'll pull the clutch side cover off and spray soapy water on the crank seal and see what happens..Heres 2 pics and you can see how much it bubbled from one pic to the other with in 30 secs,took 2nd pic about 30 secs after the first pic..
Thanks so much for the help guys,im learning alot over here :) ..

yes thats why it is sucking crank case oil. you may need to completely take the engine apart.

first off your clutch side crank seal is leaking. thats how air is getting into the transmission and out the top where you found bubbles. also burns oil that way
and secondly, there should not be a leak between case halfs. you will have to pull, lap and seal those again. which will take some time

Unless you have your trans breather whole plugged I don't see how a leaky collar is gonna push through the case halves.

IMO you need to split the case.

yes thats why it is sucking crank case oil. you may need to completely take the engine apart.

first off your clutch side crank seal is leaking. thats how air is getting into the transmission and out the top where you found bubbles. also burns oil that way
and secondly, there should not be a leak between case halfs. you will have to pull, lap and seal those again. which will take some time
I already know it needs taken apart and re-sealed which I plan on starting today :) ..I replaced the crank seal already,has around 3mins of run time on it but im still thinking the collar is worn-out and need replaced or leaking between the case halves..I didn't rebuild this engine,a buddy of the person I got it from did and clearly did a sh*tty job..I was put in contact with the guy that built it and found out that the whole quad was 100% rebuilt--> top and bottom end..Guy I got it from didn't say anything about the lower end so I thought it was never touched but was wrong..Has new crank,rod,top-end,all bearings ect... ..This was a 100% sh*tty rebuild and I could tell when I took the side cover off to install the new crank seal as the crank seal he put in was clear as day wasn't flush/even with the case..Hell some of the bolts on the chassis wasn't even tight and some weren't even snug..More and more I looked it over the day I got it,I had that WTF look on my face..Loose shock bolts,lugs that hold the wheels on ect.. ..I pretty much gotta re-do everything he did but on a good note,I have maybe $350.00 into this so not a big deal..I know it will be done right when im finished and will feel good about letting my wife on it..

Did you immerse the transmission breather in fluid to see if the seal or collar is leaky.
Im not sure what you mean?Do you mean did I pull the clutch side cover off and spray the crank seal?If so,I didn't do that yet but that was going to be my next question...Can I still leak test the seal with the clutch side cover off??

Did you immerse the transmission breather in fluid to see if the seal or collar is leaky.
BTW Blaasetr,
If you are talking about this breather hole,I had to block it off to run the air leak test...

BTW Blaasetr,
If you are talking about this breather hole,I had to block it off to run the air leak test...
There should be no reason to block that. you can do what blaaster said and put that into a cup of water and then do a leak down test and if you get bubbles your crank seal is leaking. If you do that and no bubbles you need to split the case.

There should be no reason to block that. you can do what blaaster said and put that into a cup of water and then do a leak down test and if you get bubbles your crank seal is leaking. If you do that and no bubbles you need to split the case.
If it should hold pressure without having to plug the vent,then something is wrong on the clutch side ..

As soon as I put pressure in the engine and unplug the vent,I loose all pressure..See video I just took..

if he got no bubbles during a leak test, that doesnt mean he wouldnt have the leaking case as he found.
its probably better he blocked it off and found that before it became a larger problem

if he got no bubbles during a leak test, that doesnt mean he wouldnt have the leaking case as he found.
its probably better he blocked it off and found that before it became a larger problem
I'm talking about putting the vent tube into a glass of water...