New Donation System

I think a goal should be set, excluding site costs...when we've donated so much, reward us with something new on the forum....but for a big goal, it has to be a big change and vise versa.

Last edited:
The idea behind this is more dense then just "buying rep pints". Reputation points are gained not only for your knowledge of blasters but for being beneficial to someone or all in some way, right? It could be for making an interesting comment, maybe putting a smile on someone's face, or simply being friendly. So think of reputation points as what it means because its not called knowledge points. I believe members who donate absolutely deserve some reputation points for their contribution because they are helping each and every member in the community. Maybe not directly, but maybe their contribution made the difference for the forum to function so a more knowledgeable member could come in and help you and many more people.

yeah i get what you are saying and i agree with ya. i didnt mean to say it like you were straight up buying rep by donating, and also i was thinking of rep power. like you would raise you rep power 1 for 1 with each dollar you contributed but i understand it now. thanks for the reply, can i get some rep?? lol :D

Reactions: cbaber
Why does the gold bar only show up once in a tread?

To conservative on resources, its supposed to show only in the first post you made per page although I just changes that option to show in all posts since i dont think that will cause a problem.

I think a goal should be set, excluding site costs...when we've donated so much, reward us with something new on the forum....but for a big goal, it has to be a big change and vise versa.

Yes, i think there will be other goals set in the future. So when most important goals are reaches (like basic expenses), we could have donations for some extra things. Will see how this goes for a month or so and then we could think of something.

yeah i get what you are saying and i agree with ya. i didnt mean to say it like you were straight up buying rep by donating, and also i was thinking of rep power. like you would raise you rep power 1 for 1 with each dollar you contributed but i understand it now. thanks for the reply, can i get some rep?? lol :D

Oh yeh, its definitely not doubling reputation points for each dollar, just 1 point per dollar:)