need help

mxblaster292

Jul 29, 2009
ny
i own a 05 blasty and it wont start it has compresion and im using a good oil/gas ratio 32:1 and also has a consistant sound every time i kick. when i jump her she starts but it makes a funny noise like to much air is comming in and if you let off the gas it will shut down. im thinking it needs new spark, carb cleaned, new reeds, or a top end rebuild but im not quite sure
my dad thinks its something electrical or the hole on the top of the clutch cover i will try to get a pic of the hole as soon as i can
thanks

Last edited:
as long as your oil block off kit is on correctly that shouldnt be the problem. i would block the hole off anyhow just so stuff doesnt get in. if i were you i would go thru the easy stuff, change the plug, clean airfilter, clean your carb, check the reeds. check your carb boot for cracks, everything clamped down tight? if its still messed up posssibly T.O.R.S.?

thanks im doing all those things but im pretty new to blastys and im 13 so i dont know what the TORS is

luckily, being a 2smoke, only so much can go wrong! definitely do the usual stuff. plugs, filters, clamps. it started doing this all of a sudden? is your air/fuel right?

well my dad was riding in to high of a gear and the it just sounded like it was dying but when we jumped it started but it needed throttle or it would shut down. and what do you mean air/fuel? do you mean mixture? i do 32:1