Need help!! Which one is Better?

RockWarrior671

Jul 4, 2012
Was up fella's!! So I need some help, I received my KOR T-Rock +3 swinger and I have all the necessary parts to install. My concern is I ordered two different chains, Renthal 520 (non-oring) and a Primary Gold X-ring. I have a race on Sunday (last one for the season) and would like some input on which chain would be better. The race is going to be an hour and a half enduro with a MX track combined with a XC and obstacle course. Any suggestions??:-/

Id run the Renthal chain for the race. Just clean it up and lube it well after the race, and you'll be fine. In a racing situation, non-ringed chains are the way to go. Even the newer X ring chains rob a little horsepower. Is it much? Nope. But you want all the power to the ground you can get in a competition situation, and every little bit helps.

Thanks again guys!!! It will be hard LOL, I am the only under 400cc quad In the open ATV class. Got the swingarm mounted and both sprockets on (14/40) and measured and broke the chain. Crossing my fingers that my TM Design chain sliders come in the mail tomorrow, if not I will just run the stocks, I will post pics soon, tha is again guys for all the support!!!

What's up guys!! So I put the swing arm on new chain and sprockets and did a check of all suspension parts and put her all back together, now I notice a some white smoke coming either from the exhaust or cylinder area after I took it for a very short test run after warm up. The smoke seems to be coming from the crankcase side and I am wondering if it's because I removed the header and polished it with mothers before re installing or from the gunk engine dressing I applied after I cleaned it from the last race???

A little smoke from around the pipe is probably just gunk burning off and isn't anything to worry about. White smoke pouring out the exhaust is burning tranny lube, and then you've got a problem you need to address (likely a leaky crankshaft seal).

What's up guys!! So I put the swing arm on new chain and sprockets and did a check of all suspension parts and put her all back together, now I notice a some white smoke coming either from the exhaust or cylinder area after I took it for a very short test run after warm up. The smoke seems to be coming from the crankcase side and I am wondering if it's because I removed the header and polished it with mothers before re installing or from the gunk engine dressing I applied after I cleaned it from the last race???

Not the mothers as I polished my sons power pros and it didn't smoke. Hopefully just some gunk engine cleaner. I'm not too sure where your talking about on the crankcase By where the pipe mounts? if there is spooge I'd be willing to bet that's it. Also if its burning tranny fluid or whatever you have in there it would stink pretty bad too.

Smell is not gas, I'm almost certain it's the detail spray cause there is still some residue on the intake boot, I will check again when I get home.