Need help jetting 35pwk!!!!!!!!!

My mom lives in Shelby, my brother lives in shoreham beach, grandmother lives off cars warf road. My whole family lives down there. I bought a house in Pasadena.

yeah i know where selby is, its nice there down on the waterfront, lol bunch of rich stuck up pricks down there that dont want u near their turf, but some nice houses, ill let u know if i find anything out about riding from my neigbor curt.

I am pulling my hair out trying to jet this carb! I realized what I did wrong. Well to start its a 36mm not a 35. So when checked the float height it was wrong. I set it to 16mm from a gently seated position. Well like an idiot I bent the floats instead of the metal tab. I have the same carb on my kx250 and I'm going to get a look at that. Since that thing runs like a raped ape and has never given me a problems I'm going to memic that float exactly. I'll bend it back so it is identical. I am also going to set it to the exact measurement on that carb. My Jets are 52 pilot, cel needle 2nd notch, 160 main. I have been trying to follow the tread AWK sent me, but it is still way to rich. I think the float and the b9es have been making me want to throw a grenade at it! I will get a look at the kx carb tomorrow and post results.

Any advice on this. We are supposed to be getting some snow soon and i am going to try to get the jetting done tonight.

NGK # system runs backwards.....b9 is cooler heat range, b7 is hotter.

NGK Sparkplug Codes

but i too suggest moving back to the stock b8es

ok, here goes. the main jet is easy, so lets start at the bottom as i feel your troubles are there.
you did get the float height correct ?
is the airscrew responding to turns ?
if not responding, jump 2 sizes both directions and try again.
find a pilot the airscrew creates response too.
if high idle is under 1/2 turn, jump 1 size richer pilot.
if above 2 turns out, try a 1 size leaner pilot.
once high idle is acheived under 2 turns out, time for mids....
what needle is in that thing ? should be "dgh" or "cel"
start with clip in middle, hows it feel at 1/2-/3/4 throttle ?
lower the clip to richen the needle until it falls on it's face/bogs, then back up one clip, then small 1/8th turns on the airscrew till it revs clean past 1/2 throttle and pulls hard when ridden.
get that far and a main jet will be easy with feel, sound and plug chops.

I am running a b8es now. I still have a problem with the float though. I know how to set it at 16mm. It was wrong the first time I checked it and I bent the actual floats instead of the metal tab. Should I just buy a new float or will it still be ok as long as its at 16mm?

Should I just buy a new float or will it still be ok as long as its at 16mm?

hmmmmm :-/
i'd have to have a carb in front of me to call that one.
that might actually work against what your trying to achieve ?

you can hook a clear hose to the drain, hold it up next to the carb, crack the screw open and veiw the actual fuel level, it should be even with the top of the bowl.

like this.............
(note: this shows the fuel level too high, above the top of the bowl)

2011-03-14_032414_2009-07-19_032627_fuel_level_adjustment.jpeg

Let me answer all your questions AWK. I am using a b8es plug. I have a 52 pilot in there now, cel needle in the 2nd slot. Air screw is 2.5 turns out at highest idle. It still seems really rich. That's why I think I have a float issue. I wonder if bending the wrong things screwed me up.

If I could see a picture of one with the float fully seated or hanging where it should be measured I could probably get it close

set the line on the float level with carb body (pic below)
or use the clear tube method

carb has to be level to use the tube method, preferably off the bike, as it sits on a lean while installed.

That's the picture I found. So here's the update. I used the lines as a guide and set to 16mm at a rested position. Fired it up with the 52 pilot. Highest idle was 2.5 turns out. I could just put a 50 in there but I don't think that will solve my problem. So I took it for a quick cruise at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle. Cel needle 2nd clip. It was still really rich. I think my float is causing it to be rich. I have a dgh needle too, but that will make it even worse. A new float is only 20 bucks. I can either order a float or set the float at 17mm and see if it leans it out some. The fact that I am at see level doesn't make any sense. I appreciate the help AWK.

My float looks different than that one. That one looks like the one on my kx250. I am trying to upload a pic where I was measuring the float height.

float height gets measuered at it's highest point..........

7363-floatlevel3.jpg

and my experience is the "dgh" is actually a leaner needle than the "cel"
i tried the "cel" recently, it sucked, threw my "dgh" back in and rocked on

I am measuring the highest point on the float. Once this picture uploads I will post it. Well if the dgh needle is leaner that may be the fix. I always read its a richer needle. I'll throw a 50 pilot in and dgh in middle slot and post results.

152-155 main,50 pilot,cel needle. That is all you should need to jet that carb for your mods and elevation.I seen mention of a 36mm.Is it a 34 or 36??

So here is where I am. I bent the float back to exact measurements of the float on my kx250 (38mm pwk) I put the 50 pilot in and fired it up. I didn't sound like a four stroke anymore! Finally had some pop to it. Air screw is at 1.5 turns out. I still have the cel needle in and haven't tried it since the float is fixed. It's in the 2nd slot now. I will try that tomorrow. If I can't get it smoothed out with that needle I'll throw the dgh in there. Then on to the easy part, the plug chop. I'll let the plug be a taddle tail and should be good to go. Hopefully the b8es will show more color than the b9es. I did a plug chop last time with a 158 and there was hardly anything on the plug. I went 1st through 6th WOT. this was after it passed an leak test. Any more advice? Thanks for all your help!