need airbox drain plug

ilm121209

Jan 28, 2014
phila pa
ive checked online, home depot and lowes. im not sure what exactly to call it and the people at the store look at me like i have 6 heads. its like a 3/4 rubber cap right? im at a loss here. hoping to figure it out before i go riding this weekend so i dont have to do something stupid like tape up the hole.

Thanks awk. And I'm trying to avoid the stealership. I went down there to get key coppies and they charged me upfront, 26 dollars for 2 keys. When i got the keys, no rubber boots. So i paid 26 dollars fir the same keys ace could have made me for 6...... maybe I'll just put in a snorkel and then i won't even need a drain plug haha.

Thanks awk. And I'm trying to avoid the stealership. I went down there to get key coppies and they charged me upfront, 26 dollars for 2 keys. When i got the keys, no rubber boots. So i paid 26 dollars fir the same keys ace could have made me for 6...... maybe I'll just put in a snorkel and then i won't even need a drain plug haha.

You can easily make one. Piece of tubing that fits over hole. Then just melt the ends together. Secure with zip tie. Bam!

I have one for ya. I just removed my air box and put in a Cfm so I don't need it.. P.m me your info and I will send it to you.

if your still searching for a drain plug, i just found my original plug and spring clamp in my shop drawer. let me know if you want it. if not, if anyone else is interested, let me know.

id just leave it out iv had a problem with them holding water in my air box I took mine out so when I hit some mud that the water goes through the airbox and back onto the ground

if im trail riding and splashing puddles i leave it out so i dont hold water but we do a lot of creek riding and having it on does a lot of good when you hit those deep spots and dont want to flood your bike. im thinking about ordering an airbox lid and trying to make the little snorkel on the front larger.

Reactions: Blaaster
if im trail riding and splashing puddles i leave it out so i dont hold water but we do a lot of creek riding and having it on does a lot of good when you hit those deep spots and dont want to flood your bike. im thinking about ordering an airbox lid and trying to make the little snorkel on the front larger.
That is a top idea, that is the most restrictive item in the intake tract.