nboldmans 02' rebuild!

Just a bore and hone. I didnt have the extra money to get any porting done or anything else dine, but next tax time, youll bet there will be a porting job, flywheel lightening, possibly a new crank. I:I

i wouldve had the bore and hone done locally, but i talked to 3 different guys and ask about chamfering the ports and got the what are you talking about look so i picked my stuff up and left. The dealr wanted 120 to get it done and keb was still cheaper so thats where it went.

i have done the same thing with the dealers man and ken was cheaper everytime, its kinda sh*tty because u dont get to build that local relationship with a local business where u used to be able to go in there and if ur a big customer and always buy their stuff they would fix it for little to nothing, like if i have any problems with my 600rr that i cant diagnose my local shop will alway pick up the phone and doesnt charge me a dime, plus one of my buddies works there, it helps I:I

Got my cylinder, piston, and head gasket back from ken today. The motors all put back togther and torqued to spec. Heres some pics of the build process. Im also doing a time lapse video. And yes, i did this on my kitchen counter. Lol
2012-05-11160357.jpg

2012-05-11161747.jpg

2012-05-11175848.jpg

Last edited:
i couldnt help but notice the tie rods are suppose to be behind the shock not in front you have it backwards

Thanks, guys! Doing the final leak test after sorting out a few leaks. Seems to be holding 7 psi fairly well. Well see where its at when i get back from the doctor. Might get it fired today! I:I

Well when i got back from the doctor it still had a slow leak but all fixed now! Holding at just a tick under 7 for 3 hours now! Yay!
2012-05-18182258.jpg

Last edited:
Well Got some new parts for the money pit today. An 03+ Hood, Uni Filter, Scott Grips, and some new tie rods!

2012-05-23185440.jpg

The awesome factor difference between hoods!

2012-05-23185452.jpg

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out my spark issue,but i bolted up my plastics for a "Mock UP" photo. Still contemplating painting the white hood, its in great condition and i dont want to ruin it!
2012-05-30152605.jpg

lookin good, i wouldnt paint the hood, itll just chip and cause problems, blue and white go good together, but i would paint the shocks to match!!

Thannks guys, got some work done today. Found out my spark issue. Buying a new stator tomorrow. Only thing i really did today was bolt on the front bumper and the freshly oiled uni. Also put the first stickers on it as well. lol
2012-06-06194339.jpg

2012-06-06194405.jpg

2012-06-06194412.jpg

edit:Also got the front brakes all hooked up