my plastics revival thread

myusername

Jun 9, 2010
Marysville, Ohio
so recently i've gotten a few complaints about how chitty my plastics look... to be honest, i dont care how they look. i'm a form over function kind of guy, so it really doesnt matter to me as long as they do there job. but i figured i could spend a little time and gain some respect from some of you by cleaning them up a bit, and maybe gain some respect from some newbs by slapping some monster stickers all over it and make it look stupid..........
jk about the monster stickers, but here is a before and during pic of a front fender. this is like 5 minutes with a buffer and some compound, and its nowhere near complete...
1116101454-1.jpg

1116101456-1.jpg

did you clean them first or just use the buffer and compound on it?
if you really want to make them look good, use hot water to clean them off and wet sand them upto like 2000grit then use the buffer. it should give it a nice shine.
also were you planning on cutting your plastic? reason for the black marker lines?

yeah i was gonna cut it along those lines, but cut the front and realized it'd look dumb as sh*t if i cut the back off like that. and i wiped it off with a shop towel and rubbing alcohol but thats all. like i said, i'm not too worried about them

if you dont care about the plastic, let me send you some that i have. i will cut them out for you and make them look good lol.

why did you bother to clean them up if you dont care....sounds like you caved to looks over funtion. dont cut them up though, blaster fenders look bad cut up i think, just take them off if ya dont want them i feel.

if done correctly, it will look nice. i offered to cut some for him. and i promised they will look nice.

Cut as you please, they are your and do what you like. But I honestly don't care for that cut. If I was going to run full fenders I'd do a 305' cut or a version of it.

Like this...

bikepics-896309-8001.jpg

Heres more like a 305' cut..

DSCN1084.jpg

and heres a awesome looking cut for old school hoods that you never see done...

2004_12_16_bikepics-259231-full.jpg

lol that picture is so ghetto. it was taken when my mom was moving out so we had part of the railing off the porch so the couch wouldnt be so hard to get out the door

1118101344.jpg

the right fender is done, i havent touched the left yet. the blaster has become the catch all, since it hasnt been moved in a week or so, so thats why everything is piled around it