My new toy

the hardest thing i had to get use to on mine the kick starter also... I could kick my Blaster setting down but not the 450R. Also kicking forward was also something else to get use to. i also learned the hard way not to hit the gas while kicking. The very first time I went to start mine It kicked back brused this sh*t out of my shin and broke the stopper plate for the kickstarter. I knew now to do it but I was so use to doing it with the Blaster I did it with the 450R.

the hardest thing i had to get use to on mine the kick starter also... I could kick my Blaster setting down but not the 450R. Also kicking forward was also something else to get use to. i also learned the hard way not to hit the gas while kicking. The very first time I went to start mine It kicked back brused this sh*t out of my shin and broke the stopper plate for the kickstarter. I knew now to do it but I was so use to doing it with the Blaster I did it with the 450R.

lol i keep trying to kick it back and im like wtf then remeber and say oh lol yea

lol i keep trying to kick it back and im like wtf then remeber and say oh lol yea

I had just the opposite problem when I went from my r to my blaster. Takes a little time to get used to kicking it forward when your used to kicking backwards but after awhile it'll be natural for you. Oh, nice find too

Reactions: ruthless_one3k
damn you got a hell of a deal on it, its a nice bike, with a couple of hundred bucks it will be almost perfect, its got a kick starter too, i never liked them kick starters on 4 pokes, cause they got soo much compression that its pretty hard to kick especially with all them valves and sh*t

it has a auto decomp so its not hard. You had better keep an eye on your valves becuase those years has omeserious valve issues. You should get steel valves ASAP. You should also change the engine oil quite a bit, the CRfs get real hot because of that rocker arm in there. You dont have to worry about the transmission oil too much

it has a auto decomp so its not hard. You had better keep an eye on your valves becuase those years has omeserious valve issues. You should get steel valves ASAP. You should also change the engine oil quite a bit, the CRfs get real hot because of that rocker arm in there. You dont have to worry about the transmission oil too much

why should i get them steel what hapenns

and IHATEU its faster stronger and its a four wheeler lol

if the valves have been "adjusted" then that pretty much saying....its time for new valves

I have never heard of valve problems on a 04-05 TRX450R. The ones on my bike were checked for the first time at the start of summer and only one valve was out and only by .001.

there not that hard to do, at lest the ones i've seen done or have done, i think it took us an hour, if not less, to do my raptor and alot of that time was just getting the plastic out of the way. i'm sure your quad is no different.

Nice find bro.Looks like a sweet deal.You are not going to keep getting the bald tire comments like the ltz are you.lol

The honda CRfs had valve problems in thier early generations, and your 4 wheeler has the exact same engine. And you want to check them every once in a while, not just when it is hard to start. And steel just has a reliabilty factor anyway. Your engine is 6 years old so you might want to look into it. And the rule of thumb is you can adjust them 3 times before you want to replace them