MY new to me 02

JWjite

Sep 7, 2011
Melbourne Florida
I did some of what I do best and traded a few things for this 02 blaster to ride until I get my motor back from ken.

P9271179.jpg

P9271180.jpg

P9271181.jpg

P9271182.jpg

From what I can tell the motor is stock with a riva racing fmf pipe. I beleave it has a wider rear axle made by dura blue, douglas rims ,itp hole shots, dg front bumper ,nerf bars,and I think pro taper bars.

Actually a pretty good bike. Got quite a few mods to it and besides the paint chipping and it needing a good washing, its in pretty good condition. Cool find, what did you end up trading for it?

I think I am going to ride it till she dont ride anymore and then when my motor comes back I will trade out what I want to keep and flip it on craigslist or something

Sweet score bro! Especially on a trade like that. Don't forget to check the jetting in the carburetor (you'll want about a 270 main down there in Florida, close to sea level) and then go ripping! :D

I think she may be burning a bit of oil! it is pretty smokey even after a good run to try and clear it out. I want to put my 28mm d slide kihien pwk on it and see if it is just the carb. it was at the shop when I traded the guy for it and the dude at the shop said it ran great just neaded some carb work. I think it neads more than that but we will see

I think she may be burning a bit of oil! it is pretty smokey even after a good run to try and clear it out. I want to put my 28mm d slide kihien pwk on it and see if it is just the carb. it was at the shop when I traded the guy for it and the dude at the shop said it ran great just neaded some carb work. I think it neads more than that but we will see

They always do need a little more than you first think, but you'll get it! The easiest way to tell if your engine is burning tranny oil is to check the sight glass, fill it up if low, and go ride for 30 mins or so. Check it again a couple hours later after the fluid has settled and see if you've lost any. A little may have just leaked out; if you're missing a lot, it got burned out through a bad RH crank seal or leaky case halves.

What kind of oil is best for that? I have never owened a running blaster before! I will admit the little I got to ride it today was super fun. I cant even begin to imagine what it is going to feal like with one of kens stroked and polished big bores!!

Not too bad looking for a trade! Looks like it has a good amount of aftermarket stuff.

What kind of oil is best for that? I have never owened a running blaster before! I will admit the little I got to ride it today was super fun. I cant even begin to imagine what it is going to feal like with one of kens stroked and polished big bores!!

I've been running Honda gold 10w-40 in my gearbox, if only because I've always got a bottle laying around to top off the leaky 'box on my TRX450r. You can run any number of brands of oil as long as it is made for motorcycle engine/gearbox use.

Motorcycle-grade 10w-40 oil is fine, as is Type 'F' ATF or specialty 2-stroke gearbox oils such as Bel-Ray Gearsaver or Honda HP 80W. DO NOT use automotive engine oil off the Walmart shelf or heavy (80w-90, etc) gear oil!

I just cant believe the service I got from the shop I took my blaster to. I took it in to have them find out why it was burning oil and the guy told me he did a leak down test to determine that the oil seal was bad. I told him great how much to fix it and he told me 105.00 for parts and labor I agreed thinking it was alot of money to change out a seal. Now before I took it to him I rode it around a bit just to confirm it was burning oil and it was and that was the only thing wrong with it nothing else. So the guy has it for nearly two weaks and calls me to come and pick it up but he has bad news for me. I asked him what it was and he told me that the seal only worked for a few minutes then it started smokeing again.I was a little pissed at that point becouse only after he fixed it did he tell me that if the crank is bad it will destroy the seal.so now I am flushing the money down the toilet. So when I get there he says o I also found that your clutches are bad as well they just slip and they need replaced also there is a nut missing on the back axle look the wheel shakes and is about to fall off. I know that when I took this blaster to him these things were all working great and the wheel was not wobbling around like this. I could run the front tires off the ground before he got his hands on it. so I wasout in the garage today and decided I would start the blaster to warm it up so that when I power washed it the engine degreaser would work better. Low and behold there is another problem the ahole took the exhaust gasket out and did not even put it back in. I think from this day on I will wrench on my own stuff. And as far as the shop I took it to I am going to try my best to run his name into the ground but not before I slide his his face across the parking lot! sorry for the long post I just figured you guys would feal my pain.