my new project; THE BLACK WIDOW

alexdockery

Mar 29, 2011
well I finally have money after years of my blaster sitting in the shed that i picked up for 150 bucks blown up (came with a spare engine)... well now i find as im taking it apart it has some epic mods for a $150 bike: a +4 hotrods stroker crank, 240 kit (sleve not a vitos), P&P, full brass arm bushings, and thats all ive found so far... pics will be posted later lol I:I

i have to pull the engine and do all the seals... oh and i found it blew up from a grenaded piston, so im replacing that cast crap with a wiesco! B)

well I finally have money after years of my blaster sitting in the shed that i picked up for 150 bucks blown up (came with a spare engine)... well now i find as im taking it apart it has some epic mods for a $150 bike: a +4 hotrods stroker crank, 240 kit (sleve not a vitos), P&P, full brass arm bushings, and thats all ive found so far... pics will be posted later lol I:I

i have to pull the engine and do all the seals... oh and i found it blew up from a grenaded piston, so im replacing that cast crap with a wiesco! B)

Don't be too hard on the humble cast piston, they get so many bad reports when it is not really their fault. Treated fairly they give excellent service.

Bear in mind that if the AFR is not correct it is possible to destroy a forged piston,.

Forged pistons can still suffer from detonation and will seize more quickly from uncontrolled expansion than a forgiving casting.

Maybe that the seals caused the motors demise, not the type of piston.

im not dissing cast pistons, just that specific one. it broke right at separation of the rings above where that hole is in the skirt of the piston. (i forget what its called) i dnt know where the piston is or id take a pic.

Pic;
image_zpscd4497e6.jpg

Yes and no, I really like the look of those lights like that! I think banshees are kinda ugly in the front end lol