My front a arms

Andie

May 25, 2015
Hi,
Managed to install and partially setup my a +2 a arms today! Managed to get hold of some lonestar +2 tie rods and fitted all balls rod ends.
Install was pretty simple but getting it to a place where i liked it with the negative camber and good toe in was a pain. What you guys think i will be testing this sunday and will let you guys no what it rides like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 372
Why do you have the ball joints screwed out so far? I would be real worried about far the lower ball joint isn't screwed into the A arm. The general rule of thumb is that the threaded end of any type should be threaded in at least 1 1/2 times the diameter of the threads. As an example, a 12mm end should be threaded in 18mm minimum.

Hi thanks for the love guys!
This is why I like to post the pictures on here guys as I'm no master mechanic and you lot spot things that I don't! I followed a write up on here for the a arms install and no mention of ball joint thread length was mentioned! The thread is wound in 35mm on the bottom and the rod is 18mm! Is this enough or should I wind the ball joints in equally until I receive better penetration into the arm?
Cheers