My first attempt.....custom bumper

That looks great. The best part is you did it yourself!

Thanks dirty,

I don't plan on quiting my day job anytime soon...but I like a challenge...keeps the brain cells in check if you know what I mean.

I get less upset when I break or damage something I made, than something I paid money for. Now on to the thought of making nerfs.....

that looks sweet!!!!! add some expanded steel to the center and it would be perfet!!!
Strange that you mention that, I have a piece of expanded aluminum my buddy found in my collection of scrap, he found it after I had the bumper painted. He placed it on the bumper to get an idea...and your 100% right, it would have finished it off like icing on the cake. I would just need to weld 4 tabs with small holes and using screws to mount. I think I just might bring it back to work on Monday..

not only is aluminum hard but its more expensive although i wish i had a tig welder:)

Out of the 5 certs I have in welding and 16 years experience...Aluminum is the hardest by far, and something I can't seen to master to save my life. When I see a perfect aluminum weld (row of dimes) I consider that art work by a very talented fellow...then I just wipe the drool

Out of the 5 certs I have in welding and 16 years experience...Aluminum is the hardest by far, and something I can't seen to master to save my life. When I see a perfect aluminum weld (row of dimes) I consider that art work by a very talented fellow...then I just wipe the drool

really?? i tried alum TIG for the first time the other day and i dont think its all that bad.....

doesnt look perfect..... but it holds good.