my $200 blaster project

You say that the same thing happened again, was it caused by detonation like the last one, or a different issue?

Over revving should not cause piston burn, but it can cause inadequate lubrication issues.
The available oil does not have adequate time to come out of suspension to pool in the crankcase for distribution.

If she can change into second gear, then maybe she can be coaxed to change one gear more.

Revving the engine should not cause meltdown if the percentage of oil in the mix is increased to 25:1 or better.

Of course the jetting must too be changed to compensate for the lesser fuel in the mix.

Last edited:
Detonation is caused by a leaner than optimum mixture, was a plug chop performed to confirm the jetting.

Obviously the AFR was incorrect as the previous piston was cooked because of a lean mix.

The seized bottom end could have been caused by pinning the throttle with an inadequate amount of oil in the mix.

Any long periods of WOT or very high revving needs a mix of much more oil than 32:1 as oil just cannot come out of suspension quickly enough and the moving parts will starve for lubrication.

That 4 wheeler looks like the twin to mine. I paid $700 for mine with about 4 hours on the rebuild and bunch of aftermarket stuff. I think I got a good deal but man these things are fast and dangerous.