motor tore down

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
who wants to guess what this pic means???????
and damn that oil pump cover is fugly!!!! gotta make a polished plate for that
toredown.jpg

no bbk, and no heifertek, <<<he does great work, but never responded to my email, and has a 6 week return right now during his busy time of the year, all the drag boys around here are keepin him too busy,
but i found another guy thats yet to be named, supposed to be similar #'s, less money, definately knows his sh*t, and will have it back to me within a week or so

no bbk, and no heifertek, <<<he does great work, but never responded to my email, and has a 6 week return right now during his busy time of the year, all the drag boys around here are keepin him too busy,
but i found another guy thats yet to be named, supposed to be similar #'s, less money, definately knows his sh*t, and will have it back to me within a week or so

Can't wait to see this run...you going to use the Total Seal Piston ring oil and powder?

aaaahhhh, i dont know gtp, i'm gonna have to see this powder in action, and you sell it to me a little more first, i know when i just tore this down i could still see the cross hatches in my cylinder walls, is that supposed to be????

pssst., pssst, hey george, you got some more of that powder man??? < say that in your best cheech and chong voice

yb, why cant they let us two do our weekly badgering of each other, i didnt see anything you posted that needed deleted, is there some partial sh*t going on around here lately, thats bullshit, i wanna see every and all posts in "my" thread!!!!!! wtf
who deleted sh*t, and why??????????????????? i want an answer!!!!!!!!
i say what i want about beefshacks and angus burgers all day long??????
i deserve to hear the backlash of that
ok enuf rant...

dually,...... whats this mean (Still looks complete to me.Pull that piece apart now will you.lol)
i'm not following, maybe a post got deleted and i cant give a straight answer???
if you mean the bottom end, i just did all that last spring, brand new hot rods crank and all new bearings/seals, she tighter than a nuns..................

oh and, the cat's out of the bag, i sent my cylinder and head to ken o'connor, at o'connor racing, any man posting great "how to" vids in a machinists apron, gets my vote of confidence!!!!!!
only gonna take a week or two tops to return, answered every pm and phone call i made, is a great dude to talk to, and knows his sh*t.
and theres not a dyno chart in sight!!!!! hahahahaaa
he said the ones he's done before absolutely rip!!!!
thats all i needed to hear, not some dyno chart bullshit

yeah but at least i dont have angus burger juice runnin down my chin!!!!!
hahahahaaaaaa

very interested to see how this comes out awk. i'm trying to figure out where my top end is going when i get the itch for more power

very interested to see how this comes out awk. i'm trying to figure out where my top end is going when i get the itch for more power

one talk on the phone with the "man in the machinists apron" and you'll be sold!!!.....good, funny dude, talked to me twice for 1/2 hour about what exactly he does to these cylinders, just because he's the new guy on the BF.com block, does not mean he doesnt know his sh*t, he's a machinist by trade and owns his own business, not just port cylinders for a hobby!!!!
i trust him, full report coming soon.

yes, we talked about how wide and high he'll be changing the port sizes/timing, cleaning all the casting flaws, polishing all the work till i can see myself in it, and rechambering the head, all to run on 93 octane pump gas

Last edited:
sounds awesome awk. i've been trying to make sense of macdizzy to try this myself...but i'm gonna wait till i have a spare jug.

that macdizzy stuff is a good read with some good basic info, but it's fairly old.
if you look, he's only aiming at getting 25hp, there's been quite a bit of advancement with the porting of these cylinders in the last few years
but it's a good place to start for a first time trying your hand at porting

yeah man i'm mostly looking at it for an idea of what i'm doing and mapping the cylinders...gonna give it a try at some point