more horsepower needed

bonzaiking

Nov 28, 2009
ridderkerk holland
hello i'm pascal from holland i want to make my blaster the fastest of my country i need your opinion i now have this: stock cylinder, 32mm mikuni carb,
3force membrane ,remo exhoust
i'm thinking about two things the vito's 240 kit or take my stock cylinder to a tuner for tuning(i think you guys call it porting) what do you think ????

S6000014.jpg

S6000012.jpg

S6000013.jpg

here some pics!!!

nice blaster man, you must be able to ride on the streets there. i wish i could here. but a 240 thats been ported (or tuned as you say) and a stroker crank would be great upgrades.

thanks yes i can ride everywhere i want!!!next sunday we are gona ride with 30!!! quads
on country roads from gasstation to gasstation!!!! great fun!!! but i must admit i have the slowest quad!!! all raptors 700 and banshee's they even talk about taking a rope to pull me along the straights so i realy need power

Yep the lucky dogs get to street legalize there bikes across the pond. Do have to say I'm not realy into the street scene of things as far as quads go, they need to be in the woods on the trails or on the track where they belong, But a 240 kit would be a good place to start, also getting a porting job to open things up even more will help squeeze everything you can outa that little 2 stroker

thanks yes i can ride everywhere i want!!!next sunday we are gona ride with 30!!! quads
on country roads from gasstation to gasstation!!!! great fun!!! but i must admit i have the slowest quad!!! all raptors 700 and banshee's they even talk about taking a rope to pull me along the straights so i realy need power

if you need speed, then get some more power, but then put on a bigger front sproket, maybe a 15 or 16 tooth if you gotta get goin really fast. but you will need more power to compensate for the bigger sproket.

one of the sickest blasters ive seen, well different to most ones you see, nice work man. get the head decked and milled and get the cylinder ported out, you already set in the carb/reeds/pipe department. that should make a big difference. dont go for all out top speed, ive heard a few guys on here say a good blaster will smoke a piped banshee... if that be the case let all the boys see you pick on the shee thats twice your size, then they wont give you a hard time anymore.
besides when their motors go bang its £1000's, blow up a blaster and its like £150... that realy is funny. lol.

one of the sickest blasters ive seen, well different to most ones you see, nice work man. get the head decked and milled and get the cylinder ported out, you already set in the carb/reeds/pipe department. that should make a big difference. dont go for all out top speed, ive heard a few guys on here say a good blaster will smoke a piped banshee... if that be the case let all the boys see you pick on the shee thats twice your size, then they wont give you a hard time anymore.
besides when their motors go bang its £1000's, blow up a blaster and its like £150... that realy is funny. lol.

they can beat them in trailer but dont think its gonna happen going straight

never herd of that pipe looks sick hows it perform but what u should do is ditch that 30mm carb and get a 34mm or 35 get a 240 ported for drag which will give u top speed and u can get a 3mm stroker ( if u do get that first) and get a 15 38 gear ratio should be plenty of speed

yeah...if you're just getting outrun on the top end, then changing gearing would help. expecially with thos elittle bitty tires on there

yeah...if you're just getting outrun on the top end, then changing gearing would help. expecially with thos elittle bitty tires on there

lol i was reading threw this thread.. and yeah i noticed on a lot of youtube videos that the blasters shift really quickly i guess you could say.. is there a way to like widen the gears or is that expensive?

btw nice quad tho .

hi guys thanks for your posts !!!! about the dt200 engine i'm looking for that for a long time but this bike was not sold in europe only in greese so i can't
find one over here!! so i think a ported 240 is the best option for me yesturday i did 100 km an hour in front of a car (when it was stock i only did 85)

keep an eye out for a gear set out of a dt200 though. what gearing are you running? you may want to put a 14 or 15 tooth front sprocket on and then go to like a 38 tooth in the back. doing that along with a ported 240 (a stroker crank would be awesome too) you should be able to at least keep up a little better on the little blasty