Lt250r? 4cfed your opinion is definitely needed!

05blasterkid

Apr 24, 2010
Corning, NY
I was just offered a suzuki lt250r for my blaster. I'm waiting on him to tell me what's done to it. But it doesn't look to bad. Is this a good quad to trade for? Is it reliable and long lasting because it's older so it will be more of a pain for me to rebuild it if it's needed. Are these anything like the blasters in weight and simplicity? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know relatively nothing about them. They seem long and low to the ground but it is a 250 2 stroke.

Find out what year it is. The 87-+ are the better years because they have a power valve cylinder on them and better suspension. Check the upper shock mounts for crack since this was a weak area on the frames. Parts can be a little pricey for the suzuki's but as long as there maintained properly, there really reliable. I owned an '85 and a '90 and never had an issues with them.

Find out what year it is. The 87-+ are the better years because they have a power valve cylinder on them and better suspension. Check the upper shock mounts for crack since this was a weak area on the frames. Parts can be a little pricey for the suzuki's but as long as there maintained properly, there really reliable. I owned an '85 and a '90 and never had an issues with them.

Well do you like it better than your blaster? You have a sick blaster! And what would I have to do EXACTLY to maintain it properly? I want the most out of this thing if I trade for it. I have had alot of trouble with my blaster and I take blame for that but I definitely dont want to deal with that with trading for another quad. And what scares me is that it's older too. And yea I know parts are pricey but I guess it's got alot done to it (I'm still waiting on details) so I probably won't even do anything to it that isn't absolutely needed because that's what causes me problems with my blaster was me adding stuff to it and it was jetted properly and all that stuff.

Its an excellent quad.. but 4cfed also loves blasters.. so it'll be interesting to hear what he likes more

I'm pretty sure he will say he likes the blaster better. I asked him a while back how he liked that 250r and if I remember right he said he liked his blaster more. I could be wrong though but yes it will be interesteing as I can't wait for him to reply on this

This is what he told me it had..... ltz swing arm and extended axle with ltr 450 shock 5 lug hubs dg front bumper waved disks o ring chain and moose sprokets rear skid plate razer tirers all alround and itp rear rims fly bars nerf bars fmf faty and silenser k and n air filter and jet kit reeds tusk clutch and gears 20 over with all wiscoe piston and gasket kit its ported to teather

85-86 had a case reed motor. Not the best for building extra power. 87+ are the years to get. as mentioned, the upper shock mounts cracked cause the shock bushing bound. these bikes are getting a lil long in the tooth and even the newest one is going to be 20 years old. so keep that in mind, parts are worn, very worn if they havent been replaced. 1-2 gears get used a lot on all bikes.

If its a '92 then I'd get it. Just make sure you run good oil in it. Keep the air filter clean (I'd replace the k&n with a uni) and make sure the jetting's correct.
One thing though. How old are you and how long have you been riding? I don't want you to take this the wrong way but going from a blaster to a modded 250 2 stroke is a big step

I'm 16 and I've been riding for about 5 years or so. Is it worth it going to the 250r? I want a good trail fourwheeler, not something that's too much for trails.

I just don't know how I would get it. Cause the guy said he wouldn't be able to bring it to me for another 2 weeks or so and my dad doesn't have a license right now so I can't go up and get it.

One more thing, what does potted to tether mean? I just copy and pasted what he sent me when I put all of what's done to it in a reply toasted te top. I have no idea what the to tether part means

Well idk if it's too much for the trails. I know exactly what you mean though cause a 250 is way more than a blaster. But I like thongs that are badass lol. And I can trade straight up for this. I don't ride majorly hard trails. I usually only ride one trail and the rest are roads to be honest. We ride on long trail that is all the way across a hill where we cross powerlines and pipelines and all that then we hit seasonal roads and basically take roads from then on out to where ever we go. Idk if the blaster is too much. I just want better. And I was offered the 250 so I'm just wondering if it is worth getting.