looking to get into racin

doodleaddict

May 30, 2012
as the title states looking to get into some racing drags hardscramle mx flat track ice lol what are the must haves? obviously gear and full face helmet an a tether switch but what else is there for must haves?

by ama standards, u need boots 7" high, helmet, gogles, tether, nerfs, long pants, and long sleve shirts and 2 7x10" number plates. thats what the minuim is. what u should get is heel gurards, suspension pipe, mx tires, chest protrector, gloves, jersey, pants, and NEED A RACE COLLAR!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet that helps a little thanks been tryin to look online can't find much info on races in my area :(

I live in nh can travel though :) and honestly idk what kind f races I'm still lookin into it definitely ice an play in drags maybe but idk how do I find out about these AMA races

I live in nh can travel though :) and honestly idk what kind f races I'm still lookin into it definitely ice an play in drags maybe but idk how do I find out about these AMA races

well MOST races are ama except drag i think..... ull have ot heck them out.

American Motorcyclist Association

but doing such a variety of races, u will be working and seetting up ur bike like 24/7.

i run only ama races, for 1 the fact that everthing you do is recorded, so points are kept track of, and stuff like that. also its a little moree fare, cause u dont have a 90 racing with the 450's not saying that can happen tho.

yea I'm
kinda just gonna pick one lol but I'm leanin towarda hardscrabble and mx because I wanna be able to ride the damn thing other than racin lol thanks for the help mate im gonna go check out that site

For mods for mx DO SUSPENSION BEFORE ENGINE! #1 mistake made. People go and buy a complete race motor with stock suspension. Um no no. For mx go with a longtravel front suspesnsion setup. It is going to cost some money to get your bike race ready just an fyi. Coming from experiance :)