Krylon Fusion paint?

It sets like paint. It looks as good as your prep work and painting skills can do. Make sure you do your prep work and don't cut any corners and it should last for some time. For the best durability and for colorfastness it is recommended that you put several coats of clear over your paint.

Couldn't a said it better.^^^ One thing to add though- sanding is always good. I would start with 220 and finish with 400 wet/dry paper. Wet sand if you can. This won't take out any large scratches but it def helps with adhesion.

I used Krylon Fusion plastic paint on my bike...It turned out much better than I expected..I recommend it!

Fusion is good stuff! Prep work is key, wash them off really good and sand them with 200-400 grit sandpaper. Also don't use too much clear, it seems like people use too much and it becomes stiff and flakes/cracks easy.

i know in the automotive world they put some flex stuff in the clear when painting/clearing plastic/rubber don't know if you can but most automotive paint supply places can put whatever you want into an aersol can so might be able to get some flexible clear coat that way

I used Krylon Fusion paint in SAFETY YELLOW!!! talk about loud... Just Cause is absolutely correct, it comes down to prep work. The more time and energy you put into it, the better it will turn out.

I think it looks just fine without clear although some clear might deter scratches, it can also start flaking after the sun hits it for a few hours and then you bounce it off a tree or two...

fusionpaint.jpg

I used krylon on my 84 kx250, it turned out fine, but it didnt stick to my buddys 86 Lt230, at all, you can scrape it off with your fingernails

why is everyone saying 400grit? that seems way too rough to get a smooth clean finish.
when i did my plastic, i started with 400 then worked up to 1500.

why is everyone saying 400grit? that seems way too rough to get a smooth clean finish.
when i did my plastic, i started with 400 then worked up to 1500.

i just used 0000 steel wool... and my plastics look brand new.. quick and easy..wash em,degrease em,steel wool em, wash again, paint em I:I

ya steel wool on my plastic would have been like trying to cut a diamond with a penny, useless. my plastic was scratched like your face after a pissed off cat gets ahold of you. so i had to sand them out then wet sand it smooth. it took me like 2 hours on just the rad cover.

yeah how much can you get clear coat for?
I was going to paint it straight up after sanding and then spray it but I forgot about clear coat good hing I heard from u gus

i used krylon fusion and it turns out great i started with 400 dry and worked up to 1000 wet. i finished with two coats of clear and it turned out great. no chipping or anything yet. An anything is scratchable so i wouldnt worry about that

Yeah I used Minwax Polyurethane Semi-Gloss Clear on my 94 and it looks sweet with no sign of peeling. I like the semi-gloss finish, kinda semi-matte black now, but gloss is available. Worked up to 1500 from 220 because there were some very deep scratches to get out. For speed you can't beat a 5" orbital sander for the 220 and 400. I hand wet-sanded the finer grits.