knobbies in a race

samclan89

Jul 23, 2014
hi guys, new to the site awesome place great people. i was wonderin if anyone knows about the race goin on at the buffalo chip sturgis SD and if i can use knobbies (fairly new) for the B & C amature stock classes ?
it would b awesome if someone could please let me know . im a little short on cash and i cant afford to replace them before the race. its in two weeks. ty any leads would b greatly apreciated...

ty gizzy i been tryin but no luck yet . ty for replyin so fast the people on this site r awesome.
the ama rules say they r acceptable unless the event advertises prior to the event that they r not but the referee's can m,ake the final call. this is what im trying to find out .

www.edtracing.com has all the list of rules. I guess unless you re a kid theres a stock production class you could run with knobbies, I just assumed you were an adult. this is the series that a lot of our local kids are running so I know a lil bit about it. even if you don't race it d still be awesome to watch. they re gonna have trophy trucks out there too. Sweet

they re not gonna let you race knobbies, unless they have a specific knobbie class but I would doubt that since its a national race. you ll also need a tether and nerfs to be legal. oh and an ama membership to race also.
thank u i already have all that and several sponsors on board. i competed in afew rabbit and enduro's in misouri and arkansas but i was riding my 400ex this was recently bought i spent all my money for vforce reeds uni filter tether kill switch number plates and carb rejetting, shocks, and all the membership fees and registration according to what the ama rules say , i can

www.edtracing.com has all the list of rules. I guess unless you re a kid theres a stock production class you could run with knobbies, I just assumed you were an adult. this is the series that a lot of our local kids are running so I know a lil bit about it. even if you don't race it d still be awesome to watch. they re gonna have trophy trucks out there too. Sweet
sorry but i wanna race bro im 44 been ridin for quite awhile and i am currently registered for amature c class

9. All ATVs must have dirt track tires (except stock limited classes), nerf bars or suitable floorboards, working tether cord, maximum width of 51”, all glass must be covered, control levers must have ball ends, engine size must be stamped on engine and axle nuts must have cotter pins or clips.

hopefully they let ya in
hey good news juss gotta update from xtrm racing and promotions who says in the the rules for this event say clearly knobbies r allowed . awesome. amature open and production. by the way i live in rapid city if u come this way and need a place to practice check out elkvale motorcross track its pretty sweet for a short track ty verry much for yer time hope to meet up or atleast c u there have fun. if u would like check out xtrm performance network and check the rules for this event . thanks again

at the track I race at we can what ever tires we want in the blaster class we all run almost bald knobbies but the 450s run slicks

hey good news juss gotta update from xtrm racing and promotions who says in the the rules for this event say clearly knobbies r allowed . awesome. amature open and production. by the way i live in rapid city if u come this way and need a place to practice check out elkvale motorcross track its pretty sweet for a short track ty verry much for yer time hope to meet up or atleast c u there have fun. if u would like check out xtrm performance network and check the rules for this event . thanks again
update nevermind guys i went ahead and upgraded with rims and itp holeshots ty verry much for da input later...

Not wanting to be the Grammer Nazi, but save the text lingo for texting
umm whats that got to do with da question ???whatever this is still txting mate if u dont have anything to say positive bout da thread stay outta the thread ok ty have a wonderfull day.

Last edited by a moderator: