Kickstart problems

Evan_503

Oct 9, 2021
I just bought a 95 blaster and the person told me that the kickstart spring was bad so I replaced it. I went to start it and it started for a bit then hit the kill switch. I started it the other day and the Kickstarter kicked back and punched a hole it the case cover. I replaced it and tried to rotate the kickstart back some for play but it did the same thing. I have no idea what to do and can keep buying case covers. Please help me!!!

I got all the parts and I’m going to replace them this Saturday. Do I need to use lock tight or just torque to spec? How tight do I torque it?

Well it was the woodruff key. But also a part on the kickstart shaft that keeps the kickstart from going forward cracked. I replaced that part from a friends blaster. It ran good for about 10 to 15 seconds then made a ping sound and died. It’s now seized. Piston maybe? I’m just beat down at this point. If anyone has a idea please let me know.

First off power wash it before you start tearing it down. Worst thing is dropping dirt into the engine. If you aren’t going to pull the tank be sure to wash the bottom.
Pull the head and have a look

If it stopped suddenly it could be something with the piston. However seeing that you just had the clutch side apart, pull the cover, you might have made a mistake in there.