KarterPhil's 02 rebuild

Hmmmm. contemplating these, they're just so much money though despite being on offer :D
Blaster 200 +3 up 1 Pro X Racing A-Arms & Elka Shocks By American Star | eBay
Hey man that was the arms and shocks i wanted but went for +3 herrmann long travel A-arms with YFZ450R front shocks 18.25 ete, only set me back £365 for the lot

Got the shocks YFZ450R 2009 second hand off ebay for £45 £65 delivered in perfect working order am sure there is a few sets on there just now,

If you decided you want to go with ASR A-arms make sure you get the YFZ450 front shock as they are 16.25 ete

I made that mistake but still managed to get a set to take they long ass shocks

Hope this helps you out mate ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man that was the arms and shocks i wanted but went for +3 herrmann long travel A-arms with YFZ450R front shocks 18.25 ete, only set me back £365 for the lot

Got the shocks YFZ450R 2009 second hand off ebay for £45 £65 delivered in perfect working order am sure there is a few sets on there just now,

If you decided you want to go with ASR A-arms make sure you get the YFZ450 front shock as they are 16.25 ete

I made that mistake but still managed to get a set to take they long ass shocks

Hope this helps you out mate ;-)

Ive got the money to spend on some elkas, who can resist some nice shiny bits eh? ;)
I was initially looking at 450 shocks as i was on a bit of a tighter budget back then, ive now come into a nice couple of G's for the KOC work and the a arms and shocks I:I.

But yea, thanks anyways mate ;)

Have now paid KOC list of things below

- Midrange trail port
- Head mod
- re-bore
- wiseco piston
- Top end bearing
- top end gasket set

$550 for the lot, awesome I:I

My 18mm thick machined MDF board has arrived for the swing arm jig, now to get marking out, oh yea nearly forgot to show you guys the finished cad product :D still got to do some fancy renderings though B)

Attachments

• swinger screenie 123.jpg
    swinger screenie 123.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 233
  • swinger screenie 4.jpg
    swinger screenie 4.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 245
nice work so far, i'm liking the increased strength and extra cross member !!!!!

Here is a big update with plenty of pics, I have so far:

- De dented and painted the Paul Turner pipe

- Cut out my gussets and welded them to the frame now nearly ready for Powder coat :D

- Ordered the A star +3 a arms and elkas I:I

- had the steering stem extended +2 by a friend who runs a large custom expansion tank company

- got myself a nice bumper

Attachments

• 240920121006.jpg
    240920121006.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 254
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 256
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: sporty982000
Quick update, decided to get some normal nerfs and mod the blasters rear foot guard by ditching the goofy steel plate with big holes on them in favour for some ally tread plate bent up behind the guard for a heel guard XFR pro pegs are nearly £300 or $480 inc shipping over here !! plus i can fab up some sick looking guards anyway and i want it to be as custom as i can make it :D

p.s. Ive attached a newspaper extract with the sister quad of my friends yfz450 ("Twigster" on the forum) on it for you to drool over ;) i read they cost £30K to build, each! ENJOY I:I

Attachments

• 429289_10151222036000507_260958743_n.jpg
    429289_10151222036000507_260958743_n.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 260
Quick update, decided to get some normal nerfs and mod the blasters rear foot guard by ditching the goofy steel plate with big holes on them in favour for some ally tread plate bent up behind the guard for a heel guard XFR pro pegs are nearly £300 or $480 inc shipping over here !! plus i can fab up some sick looking guards anyway and i want it to be as custom as i can make it :D

p.s. Ive attached a newspaper extract with the sister quad of my friends yfz450 ("Twigster" on the forum) on it for you to drool over ;) i read they cost £30K to build, each! ENJOY I:I
This is the ones am getting mate Yamaha Blaster Pro Peg Nerf bars 2003 -2006 | eBay

i would get them but i have now started to make my heelguards and i think theyre gonna look sick, leave me a nice £100 more in my pocket to play with ;)

Update: I have decided to ditch the search for a bargain tm34 and have got myself a keihin pj34 instead for only £50 rather than £150 for a mikuni.