KarterPhil's 02 rebuild

Yh I ordered a tusk adjustable axle from there Monday is that the one you have ordered?. Won't be fitting till next year now tho funds are getting low with christmass.

Hey Phil quick question, how much tax and import duty did you pay on your a-arms? i have just been hit for £144 for mine and its just arms and brake lines :-(

I was hit with £159.44 for a arms, elkas and brake lines. The total for the parts was £582 with £94 for shipping. They quoted £139 for the VAT and the rest was import duty and parcelforce handling fee.

Wow nice to see a uk build. Thinking of getting my head and cylinder done by KOR, thinking bout getting a new cylinder first tho as mines already bored over 1.1cm. Heard they get real hot when bored that much? O well few emails to ken should clear that up. Where in the uk you from? Have to come see that thing rip when it's done!

Yea she will get hot when bored that much, has it been re-sleeved then as the liner isn't anywhere near that thick. Pop an e-mail to ken he's a real nice guy to chat too. Im in south wales just over the Severn bridge in chepstow. i have use of a friends private enduro track up in monmouth about 17 miles away so that will be good for testing.

here are the a arms and shocks pics :D

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 246
Well it's got a 1.25 oversize piston in so I'm thinking 125mm bore? I ain't sure about being resleaved. Only no it's 1.25 over because it says it on the piston lol. Iv sent ken a email. New to all this so taking time to sink in haha.

Well it's got a 1.25 oversize piston in so I'm thinking 125mm bore? I ain't sure about being resleaved. Only no it's 1.25 over because it says it on the piston lol. Iv sent ken a email. New to all this so taking time to sink in haha.

1.25 over is 1.25 mm not cm as the stock bore is 66mm your bore will be 67.25mm :D You should get another bore on that if it isnt too out of round. Ken can re-sleve the cylinder if necessary which takes the bore back to the stock 66mm. I:I

hope this helps
Phil

really pissed off now, removed 3 of the 4 cylinder studs and typically the last one sheared off so i attempt to drill it out and get it out to a 7mm hole which is dirty and cant tap the hole as the 7mm drill is too big for the m8 cylinder stud.

does anyone have any good options for a clean reliable thread ???!! X( X( X(

Those are seriously awesome welding skills there man. That swingarm looks awesome, want to build me one? :p

Keep up the good work man, I have a feeling this is going to be an awesome build I:I

Those are seriously awesome welding skills there man. That swingarm looks awesome, want to build me one? :p

Keep up the good work man, I have a feeling this is going to be an awesome build I:I

Thanks mate, I am considering building a few of these swingarms but only after i have full tested my own just to be sure its as good as it can be. ;)

right my hot rods crank, main bearings and seals are here, however my gearbox bearings are still on the way, i have ordered a longer step stud as the first one was too short and the other studs and dowel pins are on order too so i am just waiting for those then the re-assembly begins

Sounds like your luck is like mine! But one thing is your gonna have a serious blasty when your done!

hmm a bit of searching turned up trumps as i have got myself a 400 ex shock off ebay for £47 ($74) shipped from the us to the uk including import duty, still waiting on a couple of bearings for the transmission