KarterPhil's 02 rebuild

Right, I have confirmed this to be an 02 bike by giving yamaha a call :D, however it was one of the first to receive the upgrades as in europe there were a few 02 models sporting the 03 + parts according to yamaha. Also I have tracked down a paul turner midrange pipe and fat boy 2 silencer and a 2+2 rear axle which will go well with my 2nd hand ally wheels.I:I

heres some pics of the parts that i have recently got, some prematurely but hey ho ;)

Attachments

• 182112_400821946650027_1585841119_n.jpg
    182112_400821946650027_1585841119_n.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 15082012932.jpg
    15082012932.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 269
Sweet dude!
You are not getting a larger axle to make up for other inadequacies in your life are you?

I'm running the stock axle because I'm OK with my inadequacies!

Sweet dude!
You are not getting a larger axle to make up for other inadequacies in your life are you?

I'm running the stock axle because I'm OK with my inadequacies!

not at all ;) im just gonna need it to be competitive in the enduro class i am going to be entering in the uk. Plus I didnt want to risk spacers IMO.

i think it is a 03 because it has a 03 hood and what looks to be hydro brakes

Ask slick or anyone that seen my blaster... that looks excatly like my blaster to the t besides the grab bar...

I have a 03 i think you have an 03 or at least you got 03 plastics... an hood...

An hydros was 03+

Ask slick or anyone that seen my blaster... that looks excatly like my blaster to the t besides the grab bar...

I have a 03 i think you have an 03 or at least you got 03 plastics... an hood...

An hydros was 03+

when i rang yamaha i quoted the frame number and engine number and they said that it was built with hydro brakes and all 03+ parts then they went on to explain why it is an 02 bike with 03+ parts as previously mentioned

currently widening the stock foot pegs and sharpening them somewhat. Pics to follow :D

I have started work on a lowered set.
I am 5'11" and need a longer distance between seat and pegs. Have made up a set lowered 2".
Already have a 3" raised steering stem, 2" extended swinger and if I push the front wheels forward and inch or two I should just about have the ergonomics set.

Steve in Canada

I have started work on a lowered set.
I am 5'11" and need a longer distance between seat and pegs. Have made up a set lowered 2".
Already have a 3" raised steering stem, 2" extended swinger and if I push the front wheels forward and inch or two I should just about have the ergonomics set.

Steve in Canada

Sounds good Steve, im 5'9" and find the blasty quite small to say the least, I'm getting the steering stem Raised 2" by a friend of mine who owns concept racing here in the uk and his welding is second to none, here's some pics of the pegs after i sharpened them

Attachments

• PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 248
  • PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 259
  • PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 261
Right, I have confirmed this to be an 02 bike by giving yamaha a call :D, however it was one of the first to receive the upgrades as in europe there were a few 02 models sporting the 03 + parts according to yamaha. Also I have tracked down a paul turner midrange pipe and fat boy 2 silencer and a 2+2 rear axle which will go well with my 2nd hand ally wheels.I:I
Mine is exactly the same, my vin says it's a 02, but got al the upgrade

Cheers,
Benny

Hey man good luck with your rebuild, just started mine last week ;-) i also had a problem with my vin its says its a 2003 but when i called Yamaha they said its a 2004, also said alot of the vins are wrong in the uk for some reason! hope it goes well i'll be keeping a eye on it!!

StevieN from Scotland

Hey man good luck with your rebuild, just started mine last week ;-) i also had a problem with my vin its says its a 2003 but when i called Yamaha they said its a 2004, also said alot of the vins are wrong in the uk for some reason! hope it goes well i'll be keeping a eye on it!!

StevieN from Scotland

Thanks mate, yea a call to yamaha was essential for me initially as parts differ between 2002 and 03+ bikes so im glad i bumped in to someone who made me query it else id have wasted money ;)
Good luck with your rebuild too bud !!!

wow that design looks good man ! Rep for it

Thanks Bruce, im gonna increase the plate thickness to 8mm rather than the stock 5mm and add a few horizontal reinforcing struts closer to the plates to prevent them bending which is fairly common. This teemed with 50x30x3mm box section for the main swing arm should make for something much stronger than stock. I:I