Just had surgery

blastermaster01

Jul 22, 2009
North Carolina
Just got home...had ACL Reconstruction surgery in my right knee this morning. For those that dont know thats the anterior cruciate ligament which holds the tibia from shifting forward and runs from the tibia through the middle of the knee to the fibia?? or the thigh bone. I tore it in march and just now had the surgery. I feel like complete sh*t, my knee hurts like hell, my whole leg is numb, i cant move, it sucks!!!!! everything i eat i throw up like literally 2 minutes later maybe its the anestesia<sp they gave me idk?? ha but i got a pic of my leg but idk if you guys want to see it lol its nothing special, i havent took all the cast off i gotta wait like 2 days. im on crutches for 1 week so i'll be on BF A LOT lol

Sorry to hear bro.Hope you get well quick.The knee,acl,mcl is never a good thing to injure.It hurts like hell and takes months to recover.Just take it easy and let the healing process takes it time.

yeah i know. I got it tomorrow at 1 lol. Actually out of all the ligaments in the knee the ACL takes less time, idk why. But they did use a hamstring graft so the back of my leg hurts so bad..i should be able to walk in a week or so and be back at work soon hopefully

thanks guys

Knee injuries are never a good thing, Once you mess one up, it will be there for the rest of your life, and you will feel it later in life. I know a guy that tore his MCL and partially tore his ACL back in the 90's and had surgery on it twice, and it is still bothering him. BTW the thigh bone is the femur XD LOL

That sucks..man it is painful. I'm at day 2 and I'm in so much pain. Pills are not really working which sucks! I got therapy at 1 which is going to be very painful

what happened to innitially cause the injury? sucks no matter how it happened.. hope you get better soona dn back on teh quad lol I:I

what happened to innitially cause the injury? sucks no matter how it happened.. hope you get better soona dn back on teh quad lol I:I

I wrecked my dirtbike and my knee kinda buckled it didn't really hurt initially and didn't feel anything..i got up and stepped and my knee buckled and i fell and i knew something wasn't right. went to the doc was on crutches for a week then got an MRI and my acl was completely torn and possible meniscus but turns out my meniscus was fine so they didn't touch it. but i had therapy today and it wasnt bad..they just took my brace off and did a little bit of stretching.

HERE is a pic of itVVVVVVVV
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...09579183_100000126651748_433115_8203885_n.jpg

sucks to hear that brop hope u back and riding soon i dislocated my knee 3 inches or 3 and a half or somethingf my doctor was suprised nothing tore or anyrthing and i had a brace for a couple months and crutches the first day of my therapy thats all they did to just streaching and trying to bend it if its anything like the place i go to they put this weird thing on ur whole leg and it fills with ice cold water feels so amazing after all the stuff they maker u do but good like hope the pain stop soon

sucks to hear that brop hope u back and riding soon i dislocated my knee 3 inches or 3 and a half or somethingf my doctor was suprised nothing tore or anyrthing and i had a brace for a couple months and crutches the first day of my therapy thats all they did to just streaching and trying to bend it if its anything like the place i go to they put this weird thing on ur whole leg and it fills with ice cold water feels so amazing after all the stuff they maker u do but good like hope the pain stop soon

yeah i know what your talkin about its called something ready or something i forgot lol

haha yea i mess my knee up like 2 years again and a couple weeks ago poped ot out again my mom said ur going to the doctors i said no agured and then i couldnt walk the greastes and went now i got therpy again anit to bad tho i gotthis one thing i gota do where u stand on ur bad leg and throw a heavy ball at a trampaline and catch it without falling its kinda fun when u dont fall lol

haha yea i mess my knee up like 2 years again and a couple weeks ago poped ot out again my mom said ur going to the doctors i said no agured and then i couldnt walk the greastes and went now i got therpy again anit to bad tho i gotthis one thing i gota do where u stand on ur bad leg and throw a heavy ball at a trampaline and catch it without falling its kinda fun when u dont fall lol

yeah i had to do that lol

yeah now its 3 days post op...pain is starting to go away and im able to put pressure on it with crutches..feeling way better and not getting sick anymore. i think in about a week i'll be able to walk w/o crutches