Corroded flywheel

Logan190

May 19, 2021
I took apart my flywheel cover and noticed the whole front face of the flywheel is corroded and has a little rust. Will it be fine? do I need to sand it down? Or get a new one.My blaster isn’t running too well right now it sputters a little bit and when the rpms drop it will do a few little burst of higher rpms sometimes. It also takes longer to rev down like it’s hanging for a few sec. I have looked for air leaks but haven’t checked inside the transmission or flywheel area because that’s a bit of a pain lol. My leak tester isn’t very good so I can’t exactly tell if I have a leak by the tester. I just have to see the bubbles from the soapy water themselves. Idk if the flywheel could cause those problems or not, thanks. I would show u a pic but it’s not working. Ps it had good spark

How are you “looking “ for a leak ??
A leak down test is the only way to find a leak. Either fix your tester or give up now.
Using a PROPER flywheel puller, NO 2-3 jaw puller !! remove it and make sure the poles and magnets are rust free. While it’s off do your leak test.
Clean carb and air filter, install new plug. Is spark fat blue or lazy yellow?

Reactions: Logan190
How are you “looking “ for a leak ??
A leak down test is the only way to find a leak. Either fix your tester or give up now.
Using a PROPER flywheel puller, NO 2-3 jaw puller !! remove it and make sure the poles and magnets are rust free. While it’s off do your leak test.
Clean carb and air filter, install new plug. Is spark fat blue or lazy yellow?
Okay, thanks. I use a leak tester and spray soapy water on the possible leak areas. The spark is light blue, I have a cheap air filter on it may be suffocating the engine.

Sounds like it’s lean already by your description of how it’s running. It would be fat if your filter was restrictive.

Reactions: Logan190
List ALL of your mods and current jetting and if TORS is disabled
I have a 25 dollar air filter, v force reeds, oil injection delete, tors disabled (by just unplugging all the wiring for it). I have a 250 main jet and stock 32.5 pilot jet, float is about 20.5 mm. It does smoke a little too much and smells like something burnt so I could have a crank seal bad in the transmission. But my Tran fluid level has been fairly full for a while.

Last edited:
I have a blaster 200 runs but acts like A Rev limiter. If the tors box is not separate then can the cdi still limit rpm? Tors and brake switch removed.