jetting problems after spending $2000 on mods

Did you ever notice that it is never their fault that they crash or suck at riding or are slower than all their parts would suggest? Usually the machine or the rules or the lack of riding area or... anything else is blamed.

So true
And hey i'm not saying i don't brag ! hell i brag all the time,but of stuff i actualy do !
Bragging of hillclimes, epic rides or falls or even breakdowns , of sh##t that hapens is cool, what i can't stand is people who brag about things they just buy ! and then just act like buying stuff if someting to be proud of !
Anybody can buy stuff all you need is money !

Portugal is a poor country that suffer from high and low economy fluctuactions in the last 30 years or so.
In the early 80's few people had a telefone line, today we are one of the higgiest cell-fone owner's in Europe !

Same withe other toys. In the late 90's and early 2000's ATV sales whent up 400% a year ! A lot of people see them as beeing easy to ride/less dangerous than 2 wheels, Polaris alone sold loads of automatics.

Gerneraly later people realize that it's not so. And off-roading is hard work !
You get too-hot or cold wheather, dust,rain, mud sometimes you have to push the basterd.
It's not for everybody.A lot got sold a few rides later.

Not refering to anyone on this tread of forum, just ranting

Should where start a tread on "bull-sh$$$" ?

Nuno

So true
And hey i'm not saying i don't brag ! hell i brag all the time,but of stuff i actualy do !
Bragging of hillclimes, epic rides or falls or even breakdowns , of sh##t that hapens is cool, what i can't stand is people who brag about things they just buy ! and then just act like buying stuff if someting to be proud of !
Anybody can buy stuff all you need is money !

Portugal is a poor country that suffer from high and low economy fluctuactions in the last 30 years or so.
In the early 80's few people had a telefone line, today we are one of the higgiest cell-fone owner's in Europe !

Same withe other toys. In the late 90's and early 2000's ATV sales whent up 400% a year ! A lot of people see them as beeing easy to ride/less dangerous than 2 wheels, Polaris alone sold loads of automatics.

Gerneraly later people realize that it's not so. And off-roading is hard work !
You get too-hot or cold wheather, dust,rain, mud sometimes you have to push the basterd.
It's not for everybody.A lot got sold a few rides later.

Not refering to anyone on this tread of forum, just ranting

Should where start a tread on "bull-sh$$$" ?

Nuno

I did everything but the machine work on my quad. Its a great feeling when you have something that you built. Its an even better feeling that you can drive the sh*t out of a 2 stroke and not crash!

If you just want top speed take the $2000 and buy a 450 or bigger bore quad. You won't get much no matter how hard you try. Just not built for it.

If you just want top speed take the $2000 and buy a 450 or bigger bore quad. You won't get much no matter how hard you try. Just not built for it.

true dat 450r would be a great bike to go fast on everywhere but even tho i agree wit ya that a blaster is just not built for it. i dont agree that you won't get much no matter how hard you try.

http://www.blasterforum.com/racing-11/nationals-drag-race-bbdr-48736/

just a recent threat of a fellow member strokedtater244 tell me ur 450 would keep up with that from a dead go. you may say well he has a drag bike no wonder, he is also woopin drag built 450s.

i recently uploaded a video of my almost stock mildly built blaster side by side with a 400ex which is much bigger bore then a blasty.

i have 15/40 gearing with 22' tires and im getting 60mph. hell i just did the math if i change my rear sprocket to a 36 tooth you can get almost 89mph outta blaster.......thats 143kph i dont even think our raptor 660 would do that.

it is pretty hard to beat the prices of blaster stuff aswell.

The smallest you can go on the rear sprocket is 38 tooth without major modifications. I have 20' tires and a 15/38 gets me to 62 mph

true dat 450r would be a great bike to go fast on everywhere but even tho i agree wit ya that a blaster is just not built for it. i dont agree that you won't get much no matter how hard you try.

just a recent threat of a fellow member strokedtater244 tell me ur 450 would keep up with that from a dead go. you may say well he has a drag bike no wonder, he is also woopin drag built 450s.

Yes I agree, he can get a little more, but he is going to have to pay for it. And if he just wants a full throttle scare machine, just fork out and buy the 450. And yeah tater has a nice drag quad for sure! But that is much lighter than the 450R. So thats definately one advantage. And yes the parts for the Blaster are VERY cheap!

Youre not getting 91mph out of a blaster.

Youd have to run some crazy gears. I built a gearing calculator for our quads, play around with the rear tire size, and the front and rear sprockets and the RPM and you can see what your top speed can be in theory.

Gearing Calculator

i recently uploaded a video of my almost stock mildly built blaster side by side with a 400ex which is much bigger bore then a blasty.

i have 15/40 gearing with 22' tires and im getting 60mph. hell i just did the math if i change my rear sprocket to a 36 tooth you can get almost 89mph outta blaster.......thats 143kph i dont even think our raptor 660 would do that.

it is pretty hard to beat the prices of blaster stuff aswell.

That guy has the power but is also an amazing rider I:I

just curious... how long would it take to hit top speed with a 36T rear sprocket? it would be cool to have that top end speed (if your blasty can handle it) but i would imagine it takes alot away from your bottom end. whatever floats your boat though :)

I noticed on ebay that 36t sprockets were available but didnt know they would take a different hub. I used Luni's calculater before to get my numbers.

like i said i have 15/40 with 22' tires. heres a video of my bike getting upto 4th

if your making the power the sprocket changes wont drag out the bike. i slowly modded my stock motor up to what it is now. Mod after mod i noticed i was doin more tire spinning then pulling. after installing longer gears i notice it improved the acceleration eliminating the uncontrollable tire spin (my tires arnt the best) . i still dont have any problem winding the bike out in 6th which is around 80mph.

install a 38 ontop of my setup and its at 84mph. i dono for sure but is there 23' tires that can be installed on a blaster rear rim>?????? because if there is and you add that to the calculator your lookin at around 88 mph..... did someone say you aint getting a blaster to do 91mph...anythings possibal

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 2 ways to get more top speed if you have the power. More gear (including tire size) or more revs.
Yes you are spinning out, and more gear tends to eliminate that, but is it the right direction to go? Solving a traction issue with gearing?

No. Solve each problem on its own merits, otherwise you are fudging one thing to make up for another.
Need traction, MAKE TRACTION. Solve that problem.

You are going to have to set some priorities because going too much in any direction will leave you machine lacking in all other capabilities. A drag machine sucks on jumps, a top speed machine sucks on tight trails and rocks, etc.

My guess is that you want a blended machine that will handle the trails well, do the jumps, take off from a dead stop like a scalded cat, and able to hit a top speed on long straights that will keep you ahead of the majority of the pack? So work backwards from that.

I settled on 65mph as a top speed because:
1) I have limited gear spread, about 3:1 in the KTM, what I take on one end, I give up on the other.
2) That is about as fast as I feel safe on a trail setup Blaster.
3) the fastest machines on the trails have top speeds of about 70mph, I'll keep up
4) with superior acceleration, narrow width and more nimble handling I will be ahead of them except for the longest straights anyway.

You ride with me, how is it working for me? Do I ride in the back?
Some old guys know... The others feed pigeons in the park...

YFS200 stock rear sprocket will fit a blasty hub with a little slotting. It's a 32 tooth. And a 14 front with 18" tires and I blew past my buddy in his Nissan at around 65-70. My uncle has had it around 80 but it gets too damn squirrely up there.. But this is a road toy bike I'm racing on the dirt oval now. The tires may be spinning 80mph but I'm only sliding at about 50-60. Like best said, gotta have an equilibrium between everything. Too steep and you'll lose bottom end, too high you'll lose top end (and traction lol). Find the balance. Isn't it the monkey on the Lion Kimg that says 'woo-sah. Inner peace; balance' find your woo-sah!

YFS200 stock rear sprocket will fit a blasty hub with a little slotting. It's a 32 tooth. And a 14 front with 18" tires and I blew past my buddy in his Nissan at around 65-70. My uncle has had it around 80 but it gets too damn squirrely up there.. But this is a road toy bike I'm racing on the dirt oval now. The tires may be spinning 80mph but I'm only sliding at about 50-60. Like best said, gotta have an equilibrium between everything. Too steep and you'll lose bottom end, too high you'll lose top end (and traction lol). Find the balance. Isn't it the monkey on the Lion Kimg that says 'woo-sah. Inner peace; balance' find your woo-sah!

Wait a minute, isn't the Blaster the YFS200?

I think we have some sort of typo here? What machine do you mean?