Is it possible to use a 60mm bore engine with a stock head?

Onoxy

Jul 28, 2020
Hi yall, new to the forum, and needed some help with this question, if a stock head can work on a bored engine? My buddy recently picked up a 98' Blaster and it has a leak from the top of the cylinder and the head. I know that it is bored out 60 over, and I haven't been able to find a head with those specifications, and my buddy doesnt want to get anything machined. Just trying to think of the cheapest solution. any help would be awesome, thanks yall

Last edited:
Hi yall, new to the forum, and needed some help with this question, if a stock head can work on a bored engine? My buddy recently picked up a 98' Blaster and it has a leak from the top of the cylinder and the head. I know that it is bored out 60 over, and I haven't been able to find a head with those specifications, and my buddy doesnt want to get anything machined. Just trying to think of the cheapest solution. any help would be awesome, thanks yall
The stock head is fine.just buy a new gasket. And your good to go. Stock bore is 66mm

Last edited:
The stock head is fine.just buy a new gasket. And your good to go. Stock bore is 66mm
Okay cool I appreciate it. And I don’t know if I said it right but the bore is .06 over or somethin, I know it’s bored out over stock. Hell im still trying to figure it out.

Okay cool I appreciate it. And I don’t know if I said it right but the bore is .06 over or somethin, I know it’s bored out over stock. Hell im still trying to figure it out.
No problem.
The piston size will be etched in the top
Of the piston. Ussualy towards carb side.
Will be 4 digits with a. Decimal point in the middle. Example 66.00 would be the stock bore which is 66mm. If bored it will be 66.25- 66.50- 66.75. Ussualy up to 68.00mm on the stock cylinder