I'd never ride a quad.......

I've always been a quad guy, in my book they're more versatile, you can ride them on the dunes, go hunting, trail riding, etc. (Yes, I do plan to hunt on my blaster :D )

I had a suzuki PE250, that thing was great fun, but after a few good wrecks I was set on going back to four wheels lol

Started riding bikes in 1955, two strokes for racing and off road, four strokes for daily driving.

Gone now is the bravado needed to be throwing a 2 wheeler around in the dirt, or am I just growing old?

Moved into quads a few years ago, and never looked back.

Still have some 2 wheelers in the stable, mainly for the son's visiting friends to ride (those who are too "kool" to ride old mans toys, as they call them).

Not racing any more, but enjoying riding four wheels on the property with my young son, breathing his castor fumes, and eating his dirt.

Reactions: Triple_B
the one thing that pissed me off the most when i had a quad, a dirt biker friend of mine said to me was. Anybody can ride a couch. pissed me off

I grew up on dirtbikes then went to 3 wheelers then eventually quads. I've still got a bike and they are nice for all out speed. I like all three forms of offroading!

All my buddies at school ride thek bikes and they laugh because of how we turn but theycshut up last time I ran with them in the turns they were laughing anr then I put a wheel on them they shut up then hahaahahahhaaha and then I ride my pit bike with them and they don't laugh still cuz they know what will happen when I bring out the 4 wheels but anyway idk I ride pit bikes and I ride my blaster I use my pitbike for really drivin around the house not trails cuz I don't feel comfortable doijg what hills I do have

I started out on quads cause my dad did to. then I went to a YZ250 traded that for a warrior because it was a sleaper and heavily modified and scared the sh*t outta me a lot but mostly cause you cant ride on the gas tank at 70MPH wheelieing everywhere I go. And I weighed like easily 200LBS then. Traded my first quad for a TTR125 put an FMF pipe on that and out grew that in like 3 or 4 months. and traded for a KX125 cause this is when I had the warrior and felt like I dident want to just give up on learning how to really ride a 2stroke dirtbike.kept that for a year and a half clutch went out for the most part and traded that for my 04 SE blaster that needs minor work but before that I traded the warrior for my 2002 Super Bee blaster that I'm saving up to put hydro spindles on. So I got 2 perfect quads that both have fantastic upgrades and parts on that complement each other and are the way I want them...........

If your getting a 2-stroke dirtbike get a KTM or YZ their both fantastisc choices KTM for Suspension/Comfort over speed and the other way way arround for the YZ in my book. I tend to stay away from KX250's and Suzuki125's and honda125's cause the stock Honda carbs are very finicky from 99 and up.

Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like we're all mostly like minded on this site, and some comments that resonate with me include:

just ride whatever you got.....who cares?
bikes provide more of a ragged-edge riding experience
riding is an evolving process: many people own a bike or a quad or both
Riding a bike in loose sand, or with logs in the trail ;), are a virtual garantee your gonna go down that day
Slide your ride! I'm a slider as well.....love being sideways on my quad
Quads are more versatile overall, but bikes can handle the skinny single tracks trails...which quads can not.

So my conlcusion is it's just a small-minded, ego drivin thing when dudes act like riding a quad is for little kids, old folks & females. I do like the couch comment though :p

Last edited:
If your getting a 2-stroke dirtbike get a KTM or YZ their both fantastisc choices KTM for Suspension/Comfort over speed and the other way way arround for the YZ in my book. I tend to stay away from KX250's and Suzuki125's and honda125's cause the stock Honda carbs are very finicky from 99 and up.

Good stuff....thanks bro. Rep given!

Edit: Tried to give you rep but apparently I did once before and I was given a message to give rep to others first....LOL

I work with a real DB and he rides motocross , always running his youth how bikes rule and quads suck . " I ride a bike cause I don't have a inner ear problem " .
Yep he's a tool , Exactly the guy you don't want to be .
From my experience us quad riders are way cooler , no harsh attitude .
A lot Of the problem though is these dudes are young , they got something to prove and need more attention than a high school cheerleader . So they talk big , walk big and usually come up short ... Of course this isn't all of them , and I'm not hating on the Bro's , I got black socks and a jacked up truck with a big FMF sticker . I'm down with all that , I just can't deal with DB's and their egos .

I work with a real DB and he rides motocross , always running his youth how bikes rule and quads suck . " I ride a bike cause I don't have a inner ear problem " .
Yep he's a tool , Exactly the guy you don't want to be .
From my experience us quad riders are way cooler , no harsh attitude .
A lot Of the problem though is these dudes are young , they got something to prove and need more attention than a high school cheerleader . So they talk big , walk big and usually come up short ... Of course this isn't all of them , and I'm not hating on the Bro's , I got black socks and a jacked up truck with a big FMF sticker . I'm down with all that , I just can't deal with DB's and their egos .

Well said, dude......and I think we all know a guy like you described.

^^^^^^ Well said, dude......and I think we all know a guy like you described.

I grew up riding quads, bikes, and trikes. I don't really have a preference over either one, I'll ride what ever is in front of me.