I'd never ride a quad.......

piezzi

Mar 19, 2008
Okay....so what's with the dudes that ride bikes that act like riding a quad would give them venerial disease. It's kinda funny really.

I get it that guys that grew up riding bikes wanna keep doing what they know. Buy why the complete and total disdain for quads? I don't get it. :-/

For me, I don't care what it is as long as it has a motor and some guts.

I have my motorcycle license and have done plenty of street riding. So why did I start riding quads instead of bikes? (1) Because I got into the game later in life (2) I wanted do have my girl come along without feeling too intimidated (3) I don't like to 'yard sale' and bust myself up at my age and it's so easy to dump a bike in the loose sand of the desert where I ride.

For the record I am throwing around the idea of getting a YZ250 just to mix it up, but I thought I'd ask you guys what you think. I know some of you have or had bikes and now have quads so what's the delio? Does it come down to ego and superiority or is there something with a little more depth to it that I can't see?

i love my yz (when it runs right) and i still love quads. i would like to get a quad because i too get beat up riding my yz because i am a small guy and i feel more comfortable on a quad for the falling over reason. many times i have hit a downed log and my steering buckled and here i go flying left and the bike goes crashing right

My moms freind cased a triple an his on a breathin machine all the time so i cant get a dirtbike but i do like riding them... Guess ur always on edge with two wheels

I love riding period. But I do like quads a little better because I love to power slide / drift. I have two quads and a street bike (r1). I used to have a crf100f but I out grew it. I've been in quads ever since. But I have been eyeing a yz450. Everytime I go to the dealer I look at it. Prolly be an investment I'll make later this year.

some of it is a comfort thing. and some guys really like the way they can throw a bike around over a quad.

I'm garbage on a dirtbike, but give me a trike or a quad and i'm having a blast

lol.... go over to brotocross . com and you will see how truly ignorant most bike riders are.... the runner of the site has a "petition" going to "nuke the quads" lol

I'm one of those guys that what someone has to ride, doesn't matter to me, 2-4 stroke or wheels, guess cause i was a sheltered child, so to me something is better than nothing!

Well you can teach a monkey to ride a 4 stroke dirtbike.
Riding a 2 stroke quad takes skill and work.
People always hate on things they are afraid of, too lazy, or uncomfortable with.

I grew up ridding dirt bikes but I have more fun on a Quad. Dirt bikes may be faster but I'm hooked on how you can slide a Quad around.

I've had quads all my life and just got my first bike about a month ago, and I broke my collar bone on it the first week I had it. I love it though. Its a crf150r, doesn't have sh*t for top end all bottom to mid range for mx. Anyways I love them both and I might get a 250f next year if I want to stay on bikes. But if not im gonna get a yfz 450 or ltr450.

i came up on dirt bikes and was good at riding them, but now i ain't sh*t on a db so its 4 wheels or nothing. if i were to find a smokin deal on a cr125 or 250 i'd jump on it though.

ill never ride a dirtbike again.. lol a guy i work with told me anyone can ride an atv it takes some skill to ride and dirtbike. i told him to go get a unicycle and put a motor on it if he wants a challenge. i ride for fun and its more fun for me on an atv :)

The whole quads sucks thing usually comes from racers in my experiance. I use to think like that 10yrs ago when I raced gncc's. On there best day any quad couldn't keep up through the woods with me on my cr250. But your talking apples to oranges. Nowadays I don't race anymore, but I'm still fast through the woods on my blasty and I have a lot more fun.

I rode my Fourtraxx sliding Sideways at speed for a year. I traded it for a CR250R. Rode it for a week and was bored as hell by not being able to get it all sideways like I did my quad. Traded it off for another quad. I'm not saying I won't own a dirt bike bit a quad will always be my main ride. It's all about what I enjoy the most.

My little brother is anti quads we had dirst bikes growing up and he refuses to get a quad says theyre for pussies i have both a kdx200 my blaster and the banshee i like both but prefer quads.im getting old and dont heal as fast as i used to and last time i was at badlands on my kdx i layed it down a good 20 times that weekend in the loose sand.

To each his own but my opinion is as long as youre riding and youre happy who gives a f**k?