I will paypal $10 to figure out this ignition issue

there is a small connector that was on the tors part of the carb on mine a 98 model..i think it was brown and maybe yallow not sure...but take that connector or the wires and splice them together..i know that circuit of the tors had to be together when the tors was removed or i had no spark.

All that accessory stuff like the TORS, lights, kill switches, on/off. All of that should automatically be bypassed when unplugged. Im leaning towards wire harness. If the stator tested good, the CDI was working on another blaster, the coil worked on another blaster, the only thing left is the harness itsself.

Maybe some snow or water got thrown up in the harness and shorted something out. It has to be one of those things I listed though.

there is a small connector that was on the tors part of the carb on mine a 98 model..i think it was brown and maybe yallow not sure...but take that connector or the wires and splice them together..i know that circuit of the tors had to be together when the tors was removed or i had no spark.

You dont have to splice any wires together when removing the tors. I didnt with the 2 blasters and banshee I removed it from. Heres a link some pics might help

How To Remove Your TORS - Yamaha Blaster Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
nice post.......

if you have some knowlage on how to wire. look at this thred i posted wiring diagram for min wiring. http://www.blasterforum.com/showthread.php?t=2914&page=2

That is a very good article and really shows what the main components are. I may try making an external harness from some wire and terminals I have laying around. I am pulling my flywheel as well just to get in there. I have voltage from both hot leads (White/red stripe , Black/reds tripe) so I can't imagine it being stator / magneto related. I am about at burning point on this.

pic...or no pic.......

1996 Blaster
KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! <---my blaster off a cliff......

1tn05y.jpg

here is the little non sparking biotch....

Are you still using the key or did you get rid of that.Second have you ohm'd out the source coils.Under the flywheel you can ohm test them coils and see if that is the problem.Check the book but i believe they are supposed to ohm out around 190-230ish.

right...or horidly wrong.....

Are you still using the key or did you get rid of that.Second have you ohm'd out the source coils.Under the flywheel you can ohm test them coils and see if that is the problem.Check the book but i believe they are supposed to ohm out around 190-230ish.

To ohm the primary and secondary coils, I put the meter to ground and to the respective wire leads correct? I will do this as I have not ohmed them, I just checked for voltage while kicking.
10rmsuq.jpg

$300 Blaster = a cheap thrill!

wrong................

To ohm the primary and secondary coils, I put the meter to ground and to the respective wire leads correct? I will do this as I have not ohmed them, I just checked for voltage while kicking.
10rmsuq.jpg

Correction:
I ohm it on each end of the coil on the screws holding each coil on to the stator assembly?

I stripped all of the tape off my harness and removed extra wires for the tors, this would be something to do it would tell you if you have a broken wire or grounded out somewhare

10rmsuq.jpg

This is correct.You need to ohm each coils respective leads.

GAME OVER...................
I dropped it off at the damn Yammy dealer tonight, I am utterly defeated. I swapped the entire freakin harness today. OMFG, nothing. I also pulled the flywheel, ohmed the stator. It was a little hard to get a consistant reading so I swapped out the stator from my parts bottom. NOTHING. The Yammy dealer is going to troubleshoot it. I give up. Thanks for all the help. I will give you the update. I switched EVERY electrical component on the machine, AND the wire harness. Are you kidding me? LOL

Man this is messed up. Are you absolutely sure that its not getting spark? If everything was replaced it HAS to be something else. That doesnt make any sense.

i might know the problem.......did you paint your frame after you took out your engine? make sure engine and coil can ground and make it through the circuit.