I will paypal $10 to figure out this ignition issue

bman120579

Dec 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
So, I recently removed my oil injection, rebuilt the top end and changed my bars. I had the engine all the way out when I did the rebuild. Now I have no spark. I checked every ground and checked every wire for continuity, all checked out fine. At this point, how do I start checking components? I switched my CDI box with a spare, NO spark. I have no TORS but I think something to do with it is grounding out my spark. I have voltage from the white/red wire coming off my stator, the other 3 wires read as grounds. I have no lights a.t.m. and really am just looking to get spark. My main switch and kill switch were hooked up, now I tried unplugging the key switch altogether. I HATE ELECTRICAL, but please help, I really will paypal you $10 if you come up with my solution. I HATE ELECTRICAL

coming out of my case (stator) is White/Red , Black/Red, Yellow/Red, Black.
if I know how to read a wire diagram, W/R , B/R go to the CDI box, Y/R is for the lights and B is ground.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr did I mention I HATE electrical issues?

Bring it over to Green Bay and we can figure it out..I have spare parts also we can try...I have a full book and made a wiring diagram modification to eliminate the tors and key and stuff.. Stripped the whole harness right down...Ill help but you gotta bring the bike here.

...Ill help but you gotta bring the bike here.
I'll be thier in 5 minutes:
Driving directions to Green Bay, WI
247 mi – about 4 hours 55 mins

Nelson, WI
1. Head north on Great River Rd/N Main St/WI-25/WI-35 toward Cleveland St
Continue to follow Great River Rd/WI-25/WI-35

1.3 mi
2. Turn right at State Rd 25/WI-25
Continue to follow WI-25

15.2 mi
3. Turn right at US-10
93.4 mi
4. Turn left at US-10/WI-13/WI-97
Continue to follow US-10

35.4 mi
5. Turn right at Main St/US-10
Continue to follow US-10

67.0 mi
6. Continue on WI-441 N
6.4 mi
7. Take the exit onto US-41 N toward Green Bay
24.4 mi
8. Take exit 169 for State Hwy 29/Dousman St/State Hwy 32/Shawano Ave
0.2 mi
9. Keep right at the fork to continue toward WI-29
295 ft
10. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Shawano Ave and merge onto WI-29
3.8 mi
11. Turn left at N Monroe Ave/WI-29/WI-54/WI-57
0.3 mi

Green Bay, WI

I am going out to my shop for one more try. I am going to put a jumper from the coil to the cdi box, just for sh*ts and giggles. Any other help out thier? Otherwise I WILL be going to see OX this weekend........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am going to put a jumper from the coil to the cdi box

Well, no luck as I saw coming. I have a complete and running blaster that may swap out the coil. I really hate tearing into a complete and working machine but I need to do process of elimination. Nobody has any shortcuts for me out there? This is pretty rough. I just spent a ton on a oversize top end rebuild only to be foiled by ignition/ wiring/ spark problems.

try, try again...................

Unplug your key switch and your kill switch and try and start it. If its not those then its prolly your coil.

Well, i tried unplugging both switches, nothing. I took a working ignition coil of my Blue Blaster and hooked it up, nothing. I put the coil from my problem child into the good blaster and it fired up. I think it is wiring....any clues as to how to troubleshoot wiring? cmon, any help guys.........?

so you pulled the plug out and did a spark test and there was nothing? did you check from the boot to the coil? and are you 100% on the stator? did you also make sure the blaster was turned.... ON lol :-D

problems , problems........

so you pulled the plug out and did a spark test and there was nothing? did you check from the boot to the coil? and are you 100% on the stator? did you also make sure the blaster was turned.... ON lol :-D

I have a complete blaster for parts. I tried 3 different coils.....nothing. I tried 2 different CDI boxes.....nothing. My control box is unplugged. Thumb tors and carb tors is disco'd. I also unplugged both kill switches. I went out again and 3 wires (all but the White/Red) from my stator are beeping when I ground the other probe (continuity). Is this normal? I already have a spare harness but this was a running quad 3 days ago.
How can I test if my coil is receiving juice from my stator? I have voltage when I kick start it from the White/Red wire coming out of my case. The black wire from my case is ground. that leaves Black/red stripe and Yellow/ red stripe. How do I test a cdi box? Could 2 CDI's be bad? What are the chances?