i have some loss of power in my last gears

RoofSkillz

Feb 19, 2012
NWI
Can any possiblely help out is it to rich. To lean. Or too end. I have a 98 blaster and it's bone stock. No pipe. No upgrades what SO ever witch is cool for me. But in my very last gear. It seems to kinda bog down. Not always but some times can any one help!!!

No just last gear. If I slow down .and kinda go back through the gears. It's only the last gear. Bit first through 5 r golden

I dont know man its hard to say. I would think if it had a jetting issue it would do it in every gear at that same throttle position. Maybe its time for a rebuild? Try a compression tester if you have one. Or if you dont harbor freight has them for like 20 bucks. Are you still running the original oil injection system or you doing a premix. If so what ratio?

Honestly this is my first quad since I was younger alot. Younger. And what Do u mean fuel oil mix. They had me running straight gas. No mix I did a tune up changed oil and spark plug and added new oil under the seat. I didn't much of messing with anything. And the Yamaha place didn't say I had to mix gas. DID I SCREW UP SOMETHING??

It starts first kick. And the motor runs quite And No knocking it's in good condition just this problem . I was gonna get it jetted and put a pipe on it when I got back to work if that has anything to Do

What kind of oil did you put in the tank under the seat? That tank is used to pump two stroke gas oil (not engine or crank case oil) to the carb before it reaches the cylinder. Most of use get rid of this system before it fails. Because when it does then your not injecting oil to the engine and will fry you cylinder and piston. So we remove the system and install block off plates where the pump is. Then run a premix in the gas.

The guys at Yamaha set me up and I MADE SURE TO ASK A FEW TIMES SO I didn't mess it up and the all purpose 2 stroke oil and tranmision is trans oil plus

You need to do a plug chop to figure out where you jetting is at.
You put oil under the seat, so you're fine on that. I use YamaLube 2stroke Injector Oil, but any injector oil SHOULD be fine. Many get rid of it, but I've been running HARD since 2006 with absolutely no issues, and I know of many others who have ran longer than me. It's controversial whether or not they fail, or if people use the excuse that they fail to cover their own mistakes.

Here is links to a lot of jetting info you need. Sit back and read, it's important.
Understanding jetting and adjustments
Jetting PE, PJ, PWM, and PWK carbs
How to Plug Chop

TORS Throttle Over Ride System. Small little computer and sensor system that keeps you from blowing up your engine. The big fat thing that sits on top of your carb is a part of it.

Read the links that kronik posted for doing a plug chop. You basically read the way the spark plug looks to see if your jetted correctly or not.