I FEEL CHEATED! Can i fix it?????

Hi guys.

Well where should i start! :)

Today i am cooled a little more off, you have to understand i waited like a little boy on a new toy although im almost 30 years old! :) I think all guys are like that when new hardware are on the way. And the waiting time was extreme because Swedish customs was VERY slow and I had to provide all kinds of papers and crap. . It took almost a month! . But i finally got it and i must say after reading Liquid5Soul i believe him! I trust him when he said there was no dents when he delivered it, and are happy if we can work something out with maybe some money refund. Because you should NEVER trust a postoffice woman or man to pack your stuff properly... They wont do it or have the time for it. So it was actually natural they just dumped it in the box IF the shipper dident pack it. think if they should pack every customers packages, what a job! :) So even if they had the shippingbox, it should have been wraped in before delivery. . . .

I managed to clean the pipe very well with "steel brush". And i must admit i dont care with the scratched rear silencer because i removed the "FMF POWERCORE2" sticker and gave it with the steelbrush and now it has a mean ´"brushed" look and are way more nice without the logo.. It blends in with this "hot rod" style im trying to acheive..

However my main concern is still the dents in the header... I really want to try and fix it.

After what i can read, ill think ill have to give the water/ice thingy a go..
But i have some questions, does anybody tried it?

1. How do i seal off the ends? With some kind of a plug? Any recommendations? Would this plug have to be SO tight that it can hold the ice pressure? Or does it has to burst when icepressure is to high?

2. How much water do i need to fill in? It has to expand yes, but not crack the pipe! And too little water may not be powerfull enough to expand dents?

But before i mess with the other options, welding and stuff i wanna try this water trick..

Plz advice!

Glad we were able to work things out Lassek. As for the water and ice solution,i would deff give it a try. My buddy said he capped one end of the pipe off..filled it with water then caped the other end. He said the pipe wont explode,when it gets to the point where it freezes to much one cap or both will pop off,letting the ice flow out that way. rather then explode the metal. the you let the pipe de-ice empty the water spray in some carb cleaner and light it with a match. dont get close tho,bc u know what can happen with flame and gasses. This will dry out the remaining water in the pipe.

Glad we were able to work things out Lassek. As for the water and ice solution,i would deff give it a try. My buddy said he capped one end of the pipe off..filled it with water then caped the other end. He said the pipe wont explode,when it gets to the point where it freezes to much one cap or both will pop off,letting the ice flow out that way. rather then explode the metal. the you let the pipe de-ice empty the water spray in some carb cleaner and light it with a match. dont get close tho,bc u know what can happen with flame and gasses. This will dry out the remaining water in the pipe.

Yes, i´ve read something about cap the ends, but with what? How the h*ll do i cap them AND make it waterproof? :)

But i have maybe read about lets say 10 success and 1 failure.. and the failure was actually because the pipe cracked because of the ice pressure.. So THAT i hope i can avoid.

But i dont wanna mess with carb cleaner and fire.. so ill just leave it until it totally de-iced.. :)

But i also read about some not capping atall but only have water in that section with the dent.. So maybe i should try that first? Or actually only cap it at the flange and leave it open in the other end...

Now i only need to find a big refriguator . .(sorry spelling)

lol yea im about done with the market place here. i paid cmh156 for a rear brake caliper over a month ago and still havent got it. asked him where it was a week or so ago and he told me he had to sell some parts for shipping money first lol shoulda f*ckin shipped it with the money i paid for it.

daaaamn dude you still havent got that yet? what a d-bag, hope noone ever buys from cmh156 again. good job on trying to make things right liquid I:I

I wouldnt worry about capping the ends..the water will expand where it sits..i would try that first. If u have to cao the ends there are plugs which you can buy at a auto parts store with a bolt in the center that u tighten and rubber plug expands..but try it without first..

hell its an FMF fatty why bother? do us a favor run it like it is, then runit when the dents are out, oh and if you ship it you pack it dont blame it on USPS those people wouldnt pack anything for you,