I FEEL CHEATED! Can i fix it?????

lassek

Feb 23, 2009
Sweden, Denmark is my native
I bought a exhaust complete from Liquid5soul on this forum. Its an FMF Fatty with a Powercore2 ..

The thing is I asked him 100x (no sh*t) IF THERE WAS ANYTHING wrong with it! Damages, bumps, etc etc. I even asked of pictures of every angle but he only sent me pictures of the exhaust system RIGHT so you cant see the damages. . . . So it looked like it was ok! Its in great condition, he said.. Well .. I got it today after a HELL in shipping.. 21 days from US to EUROPE because customs took it and demanded even more money! but thats another story..

The rear silencer is totally scratched because it has been sanded/? (its aluminum!!! :( you polish not sand!

There is a motherf**ker patch welded on the pipe to the rear.. I assume it covers a big hole!

I COULD perhaps live with theese things.. but now comes the bomb!

Because Liquid5Soul just threw the 2 pieces of pipe into a carbboard box without ANY packing ATALL!!!!! NOT EVEN A SINGLE newspaper was wrapped around!!!!! And i could hear them bangin together, metal sound coming from the package before i opened it!!! NOW WHO THE HELL packs something like that from USA to EUROPE!!!!!!!! NO packing or protection AT ALL! Thats just freakin´ insane!

The headpipe has 2 ugly "bumps" (is that the english term?) something has hit into it-.. AND THAT IS WHAT I Wanna fix IF possilbe! Its RIGHT where people watch (where the FMF FATTY logo are) ...

I am SO disappointed by this hole case! .. and I dont know how I could live with myself if I where the one shipping and exhaust system to one of you guys in the States by just throwing it into a box and put some tape on..

Is it possible at all to fix "bumps" in head pipe?! If yes, what do i need and how to do it?

(I once saw in the US show - American Hotrod where in the bodyshop they fix hoods and bumps by welding on a stick? on the bump and then like "hammer" it out by pulling this thing out that has a "stopper" a some inches out.. its like hammering only this is pulling .. ) Very hard to explain! :(

PLEASE help!

Regards the frustrated exhaust owner.. :-(

yea thats a dent puller.. ive heard many diffrent things about getting a dent out of a pipe. i dont know first hand if any of them work or not.
ive heard of filling it with water and freezing it, ive also heard of using a dent puller..
good luck let us know how it turns out..

get a stud welder and pull the dents. be careful when taking the studs off after pulling so that you dont pull a piece of your pipe with it. if you need anymore info pm me. it wont be perfect but much better.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-remove-dent-your-pipe-10206/
it doesnt explain too well but basically clog the big end of yur pipe so the stopper wont leak air and on the otherside rig somthing up so u can regulate the pressure (kind of like the leak down tester diy) but make it so it fits in the other end of the exhaust put about 15-20 lbs of preasure in the exhaust and heat the deants and they will pop out, when u dent a pipe it streatches the metal so the heat with the air is the best way because it will take the metal and shrink it back to normal size, and what the air does is it heats up and exspands so the dent will be pushed back out, it works well, but u have discoloration that looks cool lol, and sorry to hear about the way it was packed and the damage

WOW THAT SUCKS! what a douche bag...i have heard the best method is to fill with water and freeze...keep repeating untill dents are out..i have read a review that this works very well..better than filling with air cuz it could explode! and easier than using the dent puller

yea that kinda messed up.its make you wanna never buy anything off anyone on here.i know there are some good people on here.i have yet to have a problem with buying something from someone on here

i've heard thee water trick works BUT.. you gotta watch how much water you use.. if you fill it too full you can crack it.. if the pipe is nickle plated the heat or the dent puller will ruin the nickle finish

lol yea im about done with the market place here. i paid cmh156 for a rear brake caliper over a month ago and still havent got it. asked him where it was a week or so ago and he told me he had to sell some parts for shipping money first lol shoulda f*ckin shipped it with the money i paid for it.

liquid already responded and said they would try and work something out..
there is a couple great sellers on here.. dont let the bad seeds ruin it for the rest..
at least he got his pipe.. may not have been packed 100% but he got it..

guys don't jump on this so fast.. sems to me if your not involved or if you don't have any input for popping pipe dents you probably shouldn't be posting in here..

I dunno about the header pipe... I got two dents in my FMF fatty im contemplating on how to take out.. The silencer being aluminum you should be able to clean up and polish like a mirror..

liquid already responded and said they would try and work something out..
there is a couple great sellers on here.. dont let the bad seeds ruin it for the rest..
at least he got his pipe.. may not have been packed 100% but he got it..

indeed.

And for there other ppl,i prefer to handle problems threw Pm's. Between myself and the other person. Not myself the person and everyone else.But to help with my end..

I explaind that i WAS NOT the one who packaged it. I brought the items to USPS and the woman behind the counter had done that. Had i have know that there would be ZERO type of security for the metal i would have packed it myself. As far has the dents,HAD to be from shipping bc there were none when i brought the items to USPS. I also gave him a solution to the dent problem and offered to refund some of his money. The cutoms check,i have nothing to do with. Also there is mentioning of "pipe" being welded onto it as a patch. Which must not be very bad considering i didnt even notice this. The pipe came with my old blaster and had good compression with no leaks anywhere. There is no hack weld job done to it,bc i would have noticed that if it was in bad shape and have listed the problem there. But as i stated above im working on some solutions to make Lassek happy with his purchase. Why would i want to tarnish any rep. that i have by selling a crappy product.

Reactions: xKroniK13x
just to clarify my comment had nothing to do with you. i was just venting my frustration with the market place. sorry if i offended you

indeed.

And for there other ppl,i prefer to handle problems threw Pm's. Between myself and the other person. Not myself the person and everyone else.But to help with my end..

I explaind that i WAS NOT the one who packaged it. I brought the items to USPS and the woman behind the counter had done that. Had i have know that there would be ZERO type of security for the metal i would have packed it myself. As far has the dents,HAD to be from shipping bc there were none when i brought the items to USPS. I also gave him a solution to the dent problem and offered to refund some of his money. The cutoms check,i have nothing to do with. Also there is mentioning of "pipe" being welded onto it as a patch. Which must not be very bad considering i didnt even notice this. The pipe came with my old blaster and had good compression with no leaks anywhere. There is no hack weld job done to it,bc i would have noticed that if it was in bad shape and have listed the problem there. But as i stated above im working on some solutions to make Lassek happy with his purchase. Why would i want to tarnish any rep. that i have by selling a crappy product.

wow, well...the only dent solutions i know of are already mentioned. as for the sanded silencer...i bought a pair of silencers that were sanded down, both can and stinger. the stinger was chrome, so its f-ed. the can is aluminum, so its polishable. there is a step by step way to sand and polish alum. to make it shine like chrome.....i've never done it, however, somebody here may have. i'm sure there are plenty of people who would be glad to help make you a little happier about this....plus it seems liquid5soul is doing right on his end.