hunting

May 14, 2007
Westtown, NY
i dont know if anyone on here deer hunts but i figured id show off my trophy that i scored yesterday morning, most deer i saw all season and it was the day before the last day when i scored this buck....im happy with it u tell me what u think.....

100_0797.jpg

100_0798.jpg

100_0799.jpg

100_0800.jpg

1212090819.jpg
this is the place where it layed when i shot it

Looks like a decent size buck in relationship to the size of the rack.....

I haven't been hunting since I graduated high school... Joined the Army, got stationed in Georgia where the deer were the size of German Shephards and then I got enough shooting in to last a life time.....

Congrats on your trophy!

thanx guys, and yeah thats all i was seeing all season was does every day shot at a buck a few days before this chasing a doe completely missed then this guy came out behind my stand and good thing i was out cuz i wudnt of got him took m,e 4 shots lol i was shaking real bad and i hit em 3 times before he fell... and its a decent size butck my others ive gotten over the yrs was a spike and 4poitner, inside spread is like 13 1/2in and outside is likw 14 1/4in

Not a bad take there.... It isn't a very old deer but doesn't look to have very geens. It looks like it never grew it's G-1's so it was a buck that needed to be taken out. I'm currently hunting a 4-pointer LOL that I want off my farm. He is a 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 year old 4 point with about a 18 inch inside spred. Need to get rid of those bad bucks to make room for the good ones. Also just a tip... if you are seeing nothing but does you need a shoot them.. Buck's will not compeat for food against a bunch of does, they will just go else were to find it. When I first got the farm I hunt on I had the same problem with seeing nothing but does. After me and a few friends killed about 15 does in the first year, I killed a 13 point, and my other 2 friends killed a 11 and a 10 point the next year after. An over population of does is one of the worst thing you can have.

Nice buck! I hunted 7 of the 9 days here in WI and didn't see a single deer. Deer kill here was half of what it was last year.

yeah my dad said he looks like a fairly young buck, but im happy with it i wanted a buck and i got one if it had browties it woulda been a nice 8 and probn woulda mounted it cuz thats my 1st nice buck ive gotten besides my 4 pointer and such... and about the doe population that is very true i was gonna take a few out when i got this buck but as soon as i shot him they all took off and a few days before i went to shoot a doe and they took off musta heard me take off my safety

and heres a pic of my 4pointer horns i got a couple yrs ago....
l_08dd4a0230914fc68bd7ead672b5c12a.jpg

Not to be a thread jacker but I don't know if I showed all you my 11 point shot Nov. 15 2009 at 7:30 a.m. 25 yds away ran ten yds and droped. I saw the good side of his rack thats what made me shot him I am still very happy I shot him. He was a 1 1/2 old buck imagine what he would have been next year.
bucks008.jpg
[/IMG]

still got some of bambis momma in the freezer from last year....the law took all my guns so havent really hunted to much lol...

decent buck nice shot