Hows she running iyo...

giantvt104

Jan 6, 2012
deer park, ny
This is my 05 Blaster. Readings are 125psi cold and 115psi hot compression, passed leak down 3 times at 8psi for 15mins. Im running 320main, 32.5 pilot at 3/4 open screw, and needle at 3rd clip. vid of idle run with engine warm today at about 70 degrees outside.what do you guys think? mods in sig.

Plus some pics of my Blasty after a good power washing,

Pictures by giantvt104 - Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys i love the sound to. I get so ocd that my blasty is making noises that it shouldnt be...:-/ so i check it then again and again and again haha' i really do wrench way more than i ride. the power increase on a stock motor is awesome but it really does lose alot of bottom. if i keep it around 3000+ it absolutely screams the rest!!!! so my next step is figuring how i can get that bottom low end back. Its also idling too low imo cause i was fighting a hiding airleak that ended up being the carb cap wasnt tight enough. while i was figuring it out i had to lower the idle now that its fully sealed the idle is way too low. i need that toomey tink tink tink back that it had when i installed it.

I just bought that same grab bar.

Did you get it yet? synder motorsports makes a few things for blastys. i like the design but i had two issues with it. it sits a little crooked cause its not perfectly square. maybe they dont have a solid jig but i dont know. also mine only fit on one way. i couldnt flip it and mount cause i would have had to bend it alot. which also shows how off there measurements are. hopefully i just got a bad one. doesnt really matter though cause i go through grab bars like water.

i had a few issues with my blaster after i jetted it. i wanted alittle more bottom end pull too. i currently run 14/40 gearing but i bought another front sprocket to give her more pull. so when i want more bottom, 13/40. also, check the grab bar( i have the same one.) the holes are offset maybe 1/4 from side to side.

i had a few issues with my blaster after i jetted it. i wanted alittle more bottom end pull too. i currently run 14/40 gearing but i bought another front sprocket to give her more pull. so when i want more bottom, 13/40. also, check the grab bar( i have the same one.) the holes are offset maybe 1/4 from side to side.

the holes on the grab bar. not the frame right. cause when i measure from the end of the frame to the end of the grab there is an exact 1/4" difference between the right and the left. it looks so messed up up :eek:!!!! oh man so is it there design or am i not doing something right? why would they do that? im gonna give them a call and see what the deal is cause it looks really stupid. thanks slgnr.

Toomeys are not great on the bottom end ,you can make it crisper with dual stage or VF3 reeds.

A reed spacer block between the reeds and the jug could move the powerband down a little, or one tooth smaller front sprocket, but you loose some top speed.

No can use a spacer with VF3s.

I had the same exact problem with my grab bar. It only goes on one way. I still like it though and for 40 bucks on ebay you cant beat it. I opted for the polished one!

it didnt sit tilted for you guys the other way? cause the first time i went to mount it the other way i felt like i had to force it alot to fit. but when i put it on the reverse side the hole line up but sits tilted?

If that makes any sense haha

im not gonna be around my blasty till this weekend. heres a couple that i took this past saturday. its not the fact that its offset to the right cause you cant do anything about that unless you design it to have an opposite offset. what im talking about is the fact that is sits really crooked like its not square? these pics dont do it any justice for how bad it really sits. so if you cant see what i mean i will post some more this weekend.

SDC10223.jpg picture by giantvt104 - Photobucket

SDC10206.jpg picture by giantvt104 - Photobucket

I can see it in your avatar pic pretty well too. it sits offset to the right which is what it is but i can see yours sits twisted too. i dont get it hahaha