how would i do against a raptor 350?????

Do not let the sound fool you, a 4 stroke pulls about 2000 more RPMS when compared to a 2 stroke in the same class. Ok, so a yz250, which is considered by many to be the best 250 ever made only pulls a pretty lame 9000 rpms. That is weak. But dont get me wrong the yz250 is still an awesome bike. Now a 450 will pull about 11000 RPMS. And you can def. feel it when you jump from one to the other. A 250f will pull about 13500 RPMS alot better than a 250 two stroke and better than a 125. You have been shown facts, if you still choose to ignore them then that is you stating that you do not mind being misinformed. And the weight difference is non existent on modern bikes. A 250f only weighs about 6 LBS more that a 125. And the greater inertia is already being addreses with machines like the husaberg FE 450 and more noticeably the 2010 YZ-450, which both have a rear tilting cylinder, although more extreme on the FE.

Orly?

2002 Yamaha YZ125 vs YZ250F - Yamaha Dirt Bike Motorcycle Comparison Review - Motorcycle USA
LOL Ownt. I would have figured that someone who has over 1000 post would be better informed. And that was 7 years ago.

Ownt? Not really. How can you compare a 2 strokes power to a 4 strokes when it has twice the motor? Plus its an article, as stated yourself, from 4 years ago.....irrelevent much? I further question your knowledge of ANYTHING when you bring those to "facts" to the table. Oh and in your nice little article it states that the half displacement motor had more peak power..... hmmmmm, interesting it was a 2 stroke!

LOL it had a .8 HP advantage for like 500 RPMs, completely irrelevant when you are on a track. But you could also say the same thing for a 4 stroke, how can it compete when it only fires half as many times? And the two stroke engine has not advanced at the same pace as a 4 stroke, so the facts are even more extreme today, so i probly did the 125 a favor by posting something so old. And what about the YZ400f back in 1998? It only had 1 less HP than the yz250(and the yz250 still has the exact same engine today, its that good of a two stroke 250), while also pulling a peak HP about 3 times as the 250. Well, that isnt even close to twice the size as the 250. A modern 350 4 stroke would make the same amount of power as a 250 two stroke. LOL WUT? That is only 100ccs as large as a 250 two stroke. Once again, listen and you will learn

ok so dumbass if a 4 stroke is so much f*cking better then please explain why most of the MX racers are switching back over to 2 strokes doesnt that say something dipshit. your article was f*cking outdated as hell get some current facts and then come argue dumbass.

Oh, so a 4 wheeler uses a RADICALLY different type of 4 stroke or 2 stroke engine than a dirtbike? No. Kennedy and Flotek are not your personal army. I will not say anything about the or thier work, it is thier business and i am not going to say anything negative about them. And i also stated that two stroke development has not advanced the same as a four stroke. So i DID THE 125 A FAVOR BY POSTING AN ARTICLE THAT IS 7 YEARS OLD.

gscx1 if your going to compare a 2stroke to a 4stroke at least make sure they are the same year..
a 2010 yz250 has 46.8hp and costs $6990
a 2010 yz450f has 47.22hp and costs $8050
so thats more then a grand to dump into the yz250 to make it even more competitive then it already is...

a 700r raptor stock put out around 42-47 hp stock..
but atk makes a 700 2stroke that puts down around 78hp..

i love both 4strokes and 2strokes...
hmmm i wonder when a tech is ganna come here and chime in lol..

my blaster and my dads 400ex are dead even when we dragged raced,and we have the same amount of mods.and the guy talking sh*t is a complete dumbass gtfo biotch.

This is good stuff right here, very entertaining. I already forgot what this thread was about due to all the the stupidity in it.

? Every dyno i have posted has been bikes of the same year. Any once again you only speak of peak HP, which doesnt mean anything. If you look at the dyno charts you will see that the 4 stroke has a power spread that is alost 3 times as long. In some cases a 4 stroke is almost 10 HP above a two stroke in the same RPMs. Add into those charts that they get vastly superior traction and you have a winner. My 426f spins as much as my 125. That tells you something. And as for making an ass of myself i am completely PWNing this whole forum and anyone that has anything to say. If someone shows me different i will gladly change my mind, seriously.

gscx1 if your going to compare a 2stroke to a 4stroke at least make sure they are the same year..
a 2010 yz250 has 46.8hp and costs $6990
a 2010 yz450f has 47.22hp and costs $8050
so thats more then a grand to dump into the yz250 to make it even more competitive then it already is...

a 700r raptor stock put out around 42-47 hp stock..
but atk makes a 700 2stroke that puts down around 78hp..

i love both 4strokes and 2strokes...
hmmm i wonder when a tech is ganna come here and chime in lol..

thats a pretty silly comparison man, first of all, its a f*cking quad, of course its going to be missing a huge ass chunk of power with a huge ass drivetrain to spin and 200+ extra pounds to carry.
second of all, the 700 was NEVER meant to make the power it could at its full potential. its supposed to be a reliable engine that will last forever yet still make the power a 450 does. thats why they use a 9.2:1 compression ratio. if the 700 was to its full potential alot of people would be dead and alot fewer people would buy them because they would be f*cking ridiculous. like street bikes, they get tuned down all the time, the yz450f i believe it was got tuned down quite a bit a few years back.

? Every dyno i have posted has been bikes of the same year. Any once again you only speak of peak HP, which doesnt mean anything. If you look at the dyno charts you will see that the 4 stroke has a power spread that is alost 3 times as long. In some cases a 4 stroke is almost 10 HP above a two stroke in the same RPMs. Add into those charts that they get vastly superior traction and you have a winner. My 426f spins as much as my 125. That tells you something. And as for making an ass of myself i am completely PWNing this whole forum and anyone that has anything to say. If someone shows me different i will gladly change my mind, seriously.

how many people who ride 2 strokes care about low end hp????? you suck if you can't keep it in the power band, and the dyno char you posted was of a 2 stroke that was half the cc's of the 4 stroke.... why don't you find a yz 250 to compare to your yz 250f instead of a 125, they didn't do that cause they didn't want their 4 poke to be embarrased

So what about the yz400 making only 1 hp less than the yz250 back in 98? And last year they talked about making the 450 a 350 instead. LOL. Only 100ccs larger and firing half as many times and still making the same hp over a longer spread? WIN. And as i have said like 5 times A four stroke has a awesome advantage over a two stroke in over-rev. You should probly read the thread before you say anything. Just stop making swiss cheese arguements.

If you like your four chokes so much, why don't you go to a four choke forum. All you've been doing is clogging up threads with arguements

If you like your four chokes so much, why don't you go to a four choke forum. All you've been doing is clogging up threads with arguements

All of the arguments in the other threads were a side effect that i did not intend to have happen. On the other hand i have been making very viable arguments in this thread without any personal attacks, but it seems as if obvious knowledge is not openly accepted here. Why wont anyone listen? Is it because of ignorance? Or just being hard headed? Neither of which is really admirable.