How to remove left crank seal with out splitting cases?

Upbasher

Jan 15, 2015
Another question...When I put my engine together I pushed the left side (stator) crank seal below flush with the lip. After persuing the forum and net I discovered that this can potentially cause bearing failure due to starving the bearing of oil. Which makes sense of course cause it make the space for oil to flow in smaller. Looking for advice on what to do about this. I know I should probably take the seal back out and put a new one in the right way...What is the best way to get the seal out without splitting the cases?

Okay, do you have to drill a hole first or will it screw right through the seal?

Do it the same way here! Put a little seal grease on the lip of the seal when you put the new one on. I use PC-03 seal grease with good results. It helps keep the seal from wearing a groove in the crankshaft and failing.

Okay guys thanks for the help! I tried it to test it on an old seal (the same one) and the screw would not gpo through it without drilling a hole first.

Like said above don't drill to deep to hit the bearing. But I just did one and that sucker would not come out.. Drilled a hole next to the other from the screw and put a hook in there and yanked it out..

I had a heck of a time when i pulled out either side on my white blaster. couldnt get the screw to stick first, and then i couldnt get it out!

A new seal should be easy to pull, but for old ones i suggest a dent puller for vehicles. I think awk posted it the other day, would have saved me a ton of time!